Help: Which Optima Battery?

i think so.
google sams club

and check there batterys and what they have in your state.

as not all state have them.
What about the AGM batteries at advance? I mean if I'm spending half the price if it last half of the years i guess that's fine but just want to know

My point was to tell you that no matter what battery you buy (as long as they're all similar quality) it will not likely last 7 b years in the conditions we use them in. That's why I'm saying buy the cheapest quality battery because there's no point in spending more for the same thing. In fact getting dual batteries would prolong the life span of your batteries which is why I keep recommending it

Quickstart or ever start idk which one are literally the same battery as the deka and duracell I'm talking about, just rebadged. We're pointing you in the right direction I promise lol just pick one you're comfortable with among what we recommended

My point was to tell you that no matter what battery you buy (as long as they're all similar quality) it will not likely last 7 b years in the conditions we use them in. That's why I'm saying buy the cheapest quality battery because there's no point in spending more for the same thing. In fact getting dual batteries would prolong the life span of your batteries which is why I keep recommending it
Quickstart or ever start idk which one are literally the same battery as the deka and duracell I'm talking about, just rebadged. We're pointing you in the right direction I promise lol just pick one you're comfortable with among what we recommended
Yea after talking to some folks this morning on the phone I'm just going to run a second battery. NOw I have to look at a battery tray to fit in the corner of the mustang. Ok so I can go with side post in the trunk so getting one from Michallana ( not sure if spelled correctly) won't be a problem in that regard that he only has side post batts. Guys I spoke to this morning did recommend something like a shuriken BT-45 or 60 then a decent cranking battery.

what type of battery fits into your tray? pictures? im sure a standard duracell agm from sams club will fit unless mustangs have a small battery tray.

when running batteries in parallel its necessary for them both to be one type, AGM or lead, and of similar quality (some will argue otherwise but if you do research youll come to the same conclusion as me). so for example both my batteries were new 55ah east penn 775cca (duracell/deka/etc all the same) and i felt comfortable running them in parallel, id try to avoid putting an old battery with new, and avoid using a high AH rating battery with one thats rated less if you can. it'll cause uneven draw which isn't really ideal, there's ways around this with isolators/relays but its easier to avoid that

what type of battery fits into your tray? pictures? im sure a standard duracell agm from sams club will fit unless mustangs have a small battery tray.
when running batteries in parallel its necessary for them both to be one type, AGM or lead, and of similar quality (some will argue otherwise but if you do research youll come to the same conclusion as me). so for example both my batteries were new 55ah east penn 775cca (duracell/deka/etc all the same) and i felt comfortable running them in parallel, id try to avoid putting an old battery with new, and avoid using a high AH rating battery with one thats rated less if you can. it'll cause uneven draw which isn't really ideal, there's ways around this with isolators/relays but its easier to avoid that
OEM it calls for a 58 series battery. My old Optima measures 9 1/4 long by 6 3/4 wide.

Here is the dimensions of the Battery tray I'm thinking about getting from amazon:

7-1/4'' x 13-1/8'' and will fit group 24 27 and 74 batteries.

Yes I now need a battery for the stang so they both will be new and I will take your advice about same type

North Star if you have the money.. Tho I was told you want them close to your amps for best results.

Duracell is a good choice also and great for the money. I have one under my hood along with a yellow top in the trunk...

North Star if you have the money.. Tho I was told you want them close to your amps for best results. Duracell is a good choice also and great for the money. I have one under my hood along with a yellow top in the trunk...
I have a 0 gauge running to the rear now to a distro block that comes out to the amps.

Do I need to have that second battery ran to the alternator as well?

I have a 0 gauge running to the rear now to a distro block that comes out to the amps. Do I need to have that second battery ran to the alternator as well?
No, as long as your wire connecting the main batt to the second batt can handle the current you can use one wire from main batt to second batt. Need to fuse within 18 inches of each battery so two fuses. Alternator can be left unfused.

You can get two of the same from Sams but it'll be cheaper if you can get and fit one of the dekas from Mike on the back. The front battery needs to be whatever group size fits in your tray because I doubt you want to modify brackets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.