Help: Which Optima Battery?

nyg052003

Senior VIP Member
95 mustang with mods making about 360 to the wheels. Newly installed stereo system a few months ago making a total of 2100 watts. I did do the big 3 upgrade as well. Battery kicked out last night after 7 years ( red top Optima 720 cca). Looking at getting one off ebay since parts store warranty and pro rate is more than likely out of date and can save around 50 bucks getting from ebay. Will it matter going from 720 to 800 cca and the top number from around 900 going up to 1000? Battery price difference on ebay is about 15 bucks

Dont get batts online if you dont have to, the money you save will go right out the window if you ever need warranty replacement, shipping will be like $60 or more.

Dont get batts online if you dont have to, the money you save will go right out the window if you ever need warranty replacement, shipping will be like $60 or more.
dang, and I guess they can go bad earlier than normal huh

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

If you can afford them have you looked into xs S series?
no. what are the cost and who sells them?

you guys realize @michaellane sells batteries that are exactly the same as duracell AGMs (besides dual posts) for extremely cheap?

optima batteries are just overpriced regular battiers IMHO

I replaced my yellow top with a red top. My yellow top lasted almost 10 years...and all of my wiring was setup for the side and top posts of the optima...so it was a no brainer for me. I bought my optima on ebay as well for ~$150.

[quote name='mitchell0715']you guys realize @michaellane sells batteries that are exactly the same as duracell AGMs (besides dual posts) for extremely cheap?

optima batteries are just overpriced regular battiers IMHO[/QUOTE]

just emailed him so I will see what he has to offer

I replaced my yellow top with a red top. My yellow top lasted almost 10 years...and all of my wiring was setup for the side and top posts of the optima...so it was a no brainer for me. I bought my optima on ebay as well for ~$150.
yeah mine lasted 7 so I would say that is pretty good. Now the other guys saying the other items they mentioned are better hell then they should last a good bit of years longer than the optima I guess huh lol?

also got to consider the shipping cost of ordering a battery online should it fail so parts store might be the overall safest in that regard
Most include shipping.

I can say when I was deployed for 9 months my 3 group 34 XS dropped to 4v and after a few days of charging where back to full power.

There are plenty of battery comparisons out there to judge for yourself.

Optima is fine for daily use, not the daily use we do.

just emailed him so I will see what he has to offer
look in the f.s threads.

he has a few up for sale.

i got 7 from him.

i have a yellow top, its on its 14 year........ and going strong.

and theres no 1 batterys going to out last another.

it all depend. you could buy a $800 battery and could only last a year...

its dependant on many factors and 1 being your alt, 2 what are you pushing power wise, and so on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.