Help: Which Optima Battery?

sams club sells the dual post AGMs for $140 or so. if you can save the $50 and just put your terminals on the side id buy the deka for $90. if you can run dual batteries it'll help with voltage drop and power output.
yes good point.

if you have one near you..... go check them out.

I replaced my yellow top with a red top. My yellow top lasted almost 10 years...and all of my wiring was setup for the side and top posts of the optima...so it was a no brainer for me. I bought my optima on ebay as well for ~$150.
replaced with red top optima?

Its 775cca

ok I might try one of yours. I will see if they will take this battery back since this one doesn't fit in the tray totally like the one I took out. Also got to measure and see what size I took out to see what you have in that size.
CCa's matter in the one's you sell? I'm guessing I should stick with 700 or better

Its 775cca

and you don't have any comparable to that one with top posts? I would have to look and see how satisfied I would be with side mounts. Not sure I would be.

how do your batteries compare to the ones at Sams club? I want to understand guys correctly and it seems that from what you guys are saying, for the $225 bucks spent in the part store, I could get a comparable or better battery for half that price .

And is it even if the battery even if not from you , is at half price and have to be replaced sooner than the optima would be, then the savings would justify it? Last optima battery was put in back in 08 so that's 7 years. Now if I can spend half of what I spend on and Optima and it still provide all I need in juice then yes I can see where it would be a bargain. Just trying to understand you guys and if I don't go with yours what are some that would be good to get. I guess some say one's at Sams though I would have to go look at them and try and compare apples to apples since I may have to still spend about $140 0r s0 at Sams.

i can tell you right now that a single AGM battery will rarely ever have longer than a 7 year lifespan when used in our circumstances. unless your battery never gets drained because your alt is able to handle the current you will pull the batteries charge down thus reducing lifespan. multiple batteries and a HO alternator are the best way to circumvent this.

you're talking about spending over $200 for a single battery when you can get two batteries for that price lol all batteries these days are made by 3 manufacturers and one battery is literally a rebadged version of another (even if the price is twice as much).

You wont get the same quality out of optima batts like you use to. Thats what im saying. I have the ability to get them cheap and dont. But go to sams and get the one they sell. It will last a long time and it will have more reserve power than your yellow tops. Got to be a reason none of use them is all im saying. Sams sells decent batts you wont be disappointed. Good luck

and you don't have any comparable to that one with top posts? I would have to look and see how satisfied I would be with side mounts. Not sure I would be. how do your batteries compare to the ones at Sams club? I want to understand guys correctly and it seems that from what you guys are saying, for the $225 bucks spent in the part store, I could get a comparable or better battery for half that price .

And is it even if the battery even if not from you , is at half price and have to be replaced sooner than the optima would be, then the savings would justify it? Last optima battery was put in back in 08 so that's 7 years. Now if I can spend half of what I spend on and Optima and it still provide all I need in juice then yes I can see where it would be a bargain. Just trying to understand you guys and if I don't go with yours what are some that would be good to get. I guess some say one's at Sams though I would have to go look at them and try and compare apples to apples since I may have to still spend about $140 0r s0 at Sams.

i can tell you right now that a single AGM battery will rarely ever have longer than a 7 year lifespan when used in our circumstances. unless your battery never gets drained because your alt is able to handle the current you will pull the batteries charge down thus reducing lifespan. multiple batteries and a HO alternator are the best way to circumvent this.
you're talking about spending over $200 for a single battery when you can get two batteries for that price lol all batteries these days are made by 3 manufacturers and one battery is literally a rebadged version of another (even if the price is twice as much).
I just had a nice reply and stupid laptop highlighted everything and deleted.....smdh

in a nutshell I basically said trust me I'm one who believes in making his dollar go the longest but in some instances and in like this I'm not about to make a run for a second battery and worry about where it's going to go, ect. Just installed the stereo system few months ago and really don't feel like messing with anything of that nature right now lol. My stereo system is all that I plan on running in the mustang. Car is sometimes driven one day a weekend and sometimes 2.

I definitely plan on taking the battery back to advance though for a full refund so I am going to need something that's going to suit my needs but I want top post definitely. If I spend a hundred bucks less and it last half the time of the optima then I guess that would be justified. I'm curious to see how long a new optima would last and if it would last seven years.

You wont get the same quality out of optima batts like you use to. Thats what im saying. I have the ability to get them cheap and dont. But go to sams and get the one they sell. It will last a long time and it will have more reserve power than your yellow tops. Got to be a reason none of use them is all im saying. Sams sells decent batts you wont be disappointed. Good luck
sounds good man. Yea I definitely would have gotten one of yours had it been top post.

What about batteries plus?

I just had a nice reply and stupid laptop highlighted everything and deleted.....smdhin a nutshell I basically said trust me I'm one who believes in making his dollar go the longest but in some instances and in like this I'm not about to make a run for a second battery and worry about where it's going to go, ect. Just installed the stereo system few months ago and really don't feel like messing with anything of that nature right now lol. My stereo system is all that I plan on running in the mustang. Car is sometimes driven one day a weekend and sometimes 2.

I definitely plan on taking the battery back to advance though for a full refund so I am going to need something that's going to suit my needs but I want top post definitely. If I spend a hundred bucks less and it last half the time of the optima then I guess that would be justified. I'm curious to see how long a new optima would last and if it would last seven years.
Autozone agm premium batteries are pretty much deka/duracell batteries. Exchange it for one of them or else check out sams. Like said above interstate has good agms

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

See if you can find a interstate battery near you, I was told by them that they have used yellow or red tops for 60 bucks with warranty. They said they are "out of Cylcle" so they have to sell them used even tho they are new.
who did you talk to? What place?

Autozone agm premium batteries are pretty much deka/duracell batteries. Exchange it for one of them or else check out sams. Like said above interstate has good agms
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
is agm a duralast battery?

and what exactly is agm? I've heard several of you guys saying it in the thread

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.