Help: Which Optima Battery?

those converters are for batteries with a top post, and gives them a side post. you need something that converts from a side post to a top post if you want to put it in the battery from mike, but you need to make sure itll fit your location first.
just get this, unless you dont have a sams club nearby or a friend with membership Duracell® Automotive Battery - Group Size 58 - Sam's Club

and then buy a battery from mike to put in the back

this is the top/side post battery i picked up as my primary battery, exactly the same as mikes deka but without top posts. Duracell® AGM Automotive Battery - Group Size 34/78 - Sam's Club
is that one you recommend from Sams an AGM?

Yeah I measuered my last battery and measured the one I put in there sunday and the deka 55 will be a little too long and wide for my tray.

id recommend both of those batteries.

I would buy the group 58 duracell from sams, and a group 34/78 deka 55ah from mike (save the $40 for good wire and fuses) since its the same as the duracell group 34/78.

id recommend both of those batteries.
I would buy the group 58 duracell from sams, and a group 34/78 deka 55ah from mike (save the $40 for good wire and fuses) since its the same as the duracell group 34/78.
thanks.

sounds like a good plan.

didn't even know about Duracell and energizer batteries for automobiles lol. I surely would of laughed when I saw them as I would of thought they might of been lower end stuff. I guess though as you or someone said, only a few companies are making them.

Easiest way to get a hold of Mike is to PM him or what?

Also, looking at my setup in the rear of the car, the most convenient way for me to run the rear battery Positive is to run it to the spot on the distribution block where my Hi's amp is attached. I have a 2 gauge wire coming out of that spot and would have to trim some of the copper down on it as well as the 0 gauge probably to get both of them in that spot.

I already have the runs of the 3 wires cut to fit at that spot where the distro box is mounted

i would recommend connecting your larger 0 gauge wire directly to your second battery, then using the largest possible wire from your second battery to the distro block. the four pieces of wire from the alt to batt to batt to distro should be your largest wire overall. this is how your power will flow.

yeah just PM him, he'll get back to you with his paypal when you're ready for him to ship and he'll provide pictures etc etc you'll see when you deal with him hes a good guy

i would recommend connecting your larger 0 gauge wire directly to your second battery, then using the largest possible wire from your second battery to the distro block. the four pieces of wire from the alt to batt to batt to distro should be your largest wire overall. this is how your power will flow.
yeah just PM him, he'll get back to you with his paypal when you're ready for him to ship and he'll provide pictures etc etc you'll see when you deal with him hes a good guy
I would need a way to join a piece of 0 to where the 0 coming from the battery now is cut at the distro. What's the best thing to use or idea rather? I mean I can use put terminals on each end and join them with a nut and bolt or something and tape the heck out of it lol. That's all I can think of at the moment to join them since that wire is cut at the distro and need another 2-3 ft to reach where I will put the battery.

I wouldn't need to connect that second battery to the alternator am I correct?

i think you're confused about what im saying lol i meant to take the 0 gauge out of the distro, and crimp o a ring terminal and then connect it on your rear battery post, and then run a second 0gauge wire with a ring terminal off that same battery post to the distro block.

i think you're confused about what im saying lol i meant to take the 0 gauge out of the distro, and crimp o a ring terminal and then connect it on your rear battery post, and then run a second 0gauge wire with a ring terminal off that same battery post to the distro block.
No I didn't confuse you lol. You misunderstood what I was saying though I guess. The run of 0 gauge that is cut for the distribution block is too short for where the battery will go so I definitely have to add 2-3 ft of wire to it.

i gotcha now, i would not use two ring terminals and just hold them together with a bolt. this will definitely add a choke point and resistance, we do not want this for our connection inbetween batteries and the alternator. another option would be to buy some 0 gauge ofc copper and make a new run, then cut up the old run to make all your new connections and grounds.

that kinda ***** but thats what id do, you could also just add a second run for the 2nd battery but i really dont think you need to have two runs, 1 run of 0 gauge ofc is plenty and less messy with less fuses

i gotcha now, i would not use two ring terminals and just hold them together with a bolt. this will definitely add a choke point and resistance, we do not want this for our connection inbetween batteries and the alternator. another option would be to buy some 0 gauge ofc copper and make a new run, then cut up the old run to make all your new connections and grounds.
that kinda ***** but thats what id do, you could also just add a second run for the 2nd battery but i really dont think you need to have two runs, 1 run of 0 gauge ofc is plenty and less messy with less fuses
Yea I really gotta think about that one because I surely don't want to run a new run of wire and definitely not a 2nd

I have enough of what I used a few months ago for that second battery without running another run altogether. So yeah I really have to think about that way or other options possibly

just curious. If I requote a quote from someone that I already quoted, as in that person didn't respond to the last post, would a notification be sent out again to that person? Not to confuse you but just say you made a point then I commented (quoted) you but it didn't warrant a response from you. Then I have another point so I use your last quote that I already quoted once prior, would another notification be sent out to you? I would think not so sometimes I usually just PM the person and tell them there's a new question or point.

Anyway though what I can and probably will be the most convenient for me as to not run another run of wire or a 2nd run, I will just make the fuse connection right there where the distribution block is now.

pretty sure its just one notification per person per thread because i onmly got one, but i was busy last night thats why i didnt say anything.

the fuse connection would work, good idea.

pretty sure its just one notification per person per thread because i onmly got one, but i was busy last night thats why i didnt say anything.
all good and yeah I'm constantly multitasking too.

I will just go with a few of these or something similiar so I won't have the ends of my runs committed to side post per say. : Side Post Battery Terminals with 7 16" and 3 8" Sockets | eBay

Is it ok to go with a fuse that's bigger than what you need? I have a 250 at the battery under the hood. Looking on Ebay now, theres a kit for $13 that comes with a 300 A fuse, fuse holder, and 1 ft of 0 gauge wire so i thought that's a pretty good deal overall though that's the first one i saw. Still looking. System is 2100 W rms by the way. 1500 for subs, around 600 for Hi's

300 Amp ANL Fuse Holder Fuseholder Inline Block Battery Install Kit 0 Gauge 1 Ft | eBay

just saw where the same seller has more actually and different size fuses

Last edited by a moderator:
just buy this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PHBFDEK?psc=1 i have one and its a pretty nice fuse holder.
fusing higher down the line isnt really a problem but fuses cost a total of like 50 cents to a dollar so id rather have more accurate redundancy. the wire that comes with the fuse holder you posted is CCA garbage
i actually have one of the holders you posted, currently installed. Bought it for my install a few months ago.

You probably are going to tell me the wire I used is garbage lol........

well that's what i went with. My stereo system isn't competition or anything and car is driven some on weekends. I think i read a few threads about the different types of wire and got mixed reviews.

0 Gauge 25

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.