Help: Which Optima Battery?

Called Sears and Pep boys and neither carry a group 58 AGM battery and I know checking with the parts stores earlier this week I believe it was close to 200 bucks for thiers. If I spend that much I might as well get the optima battery and see rather it will last me close to the 7 years the last one lasted. I found one online for $181 shipped so that's a 40 savings from the one I took back to advance yesterday.

Can't understand why they make all other sizes in agm but not the 58...................SMDH

If there's no major differences from the 58 to the 58 Agm ( if I can even find one other than a few parts stores), I might as well get the Duracell regular 58 for $89 especially if they might last the same amount of time and it will just be a starting battery. I ordered the rear battery from Mike yesterday.

What some people never know is you can always relocate the battery to a trunk or inside the car and just fuse between the alt and battery on a long run.

This helps if they dont have your size and you want to go bigger.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

What some people never know is you can always relocate the battery to a trunk or inside the car and just fuse between the alt and battery on a long run.
This helps if they dont have your size and you want to go bigger.

I hear ya but I'm not going to do all that, I will just keep digging //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

is that optima battery in your opinion at least AS GOOD AS a Duracell agm even though it cost more? ( like I said though I found one online for $181 shipped but it is online and if it fails within 3 years shipping it back I wouldn't neccesarily wana do so might just get out of store, not sure yet. I will call a few more parts stores tomorrow and see how much theirs are. Earlier in the week a few of them had 58 series agm for almost 200 IIRC.

I hear ya but I'm not going to do all that, I will just keep digging //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
is that optima battery in your opinion at least AS GOOD AS a Duracell agm even though it cost more? ( like I said though I found one online for $181 shipped but it is online and if it fails within 3 years shipping it back I wouldn't neccesarily wana do so might just get out of store, not sure yet. I will call a few more parts stores tomorrow and see how much theirs are. Earlier in the week a few of them had 58 series agm for almost 200 IIRC.
I personally would not get an optima as i have had issues with it discharging to fast.

You can always find a smaller agm group size and see if it fits or get a size larger and get a battery strap.

I personally would not get an optima as i have had issues with it discharging to fast.
You can always find a smaller agm group size and see if it fits or get a size larger and get a battery strap.

discharging?

as in if you don't drive the car for a period of time

discharging?
as in if you don't drive the car for a period of time
From what I see on line the battery I sent you will fit in the front of your car. Wait to get it in the mail and see. If it does fit then get another one from me

If it doesnt then find a group 78 with side and top post. Preoblem solved

From what I see on line the battery I sent you will fit in the front of your car. Wait to get it in the mail and see. If it does fit then get another one from meIf it doesnt then find a group 78 with side and top post. Preoblem solved
It might be a closer fit than the 78 but I don't want to go side post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

But I took the tray out earlier and just going to trip both sides so the Duracell 34/78 will fit and fit snug length wise because there's a few things that should help it and keep it from sliding. I will find out how wide it is and hope I can trim some of the tray to still be able to use my battery hold down piece that will keep the battery from coming upward.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.