Golf GTI NO BUDGET pure SQ

I wish i had a $4000 budget.

Raw drivers as in Scanspeak,SB Acoustics,Seas,Morel,Usher,Dayton,H-Audio,Aurum Cantus,HAT,ID,Peerless,Vifa,TB, are all good to great drivers.

Comp setups as in Hertz,Rainbow,Dynaudio,HAT,Audison,Helix,Morel,Focal,are good to great as well.

Amps & Subs there way to many companies that make good to great product.

There really isn't such thing as one best speaker.

it's all up to your personal taste

I really like detail with a smooth clean tonality mid but with a sharpe in your face vocal

Anyone can learn how to tune a active setup if you have patience & willing to learn.

Doesn't matter what you buy if the install isn't perfect. Budget a grand in treatments and materials, 160 sq. ft. of good deadener, MDF, resin, foams, etc. Reference MECA and IASCA SQ install rules and build logs of SQ competitors.

Great advice and suggestions in this thread... I'm with using DIY drivers and going 3 way active up front. I just recently did my first full DIY front stage with some TB mids and Vifa tweeters and it's put everything I've had in my car to this point to shame as far as SQ goes. As mentioned above a nice chunk of that budget should be set aside for deadening and proper install, along with a great processor.

Spending a shitload of money on expensive speakers is very silly. Head over to zaphaudio.com and look at some of the relatively inexpensive drivers he uses to make some reference quality home cabinets. Focus budget on deadening, processing power (EQ, and time alignment) and an all around sound install first then get whatever components you can afford. Your money and time spent there will make just about any avereage driver perform very well.

Partsexpress and Madisound are full of good performers. You can spend 400$ a piece for tweeters, but if you don't have decent processing or pay attention to install location and aiming they'll sound like ***. Ditto for every other part, but I know the snobophiles generally spend boat loads on their tweeters. IMO just moving location and aiming a tweeter a few degrees in a different direction can have dramatic impact on overall sound, and a lot of ppl are throwing money at something that a little patience and testing could have accomplished with a 50$ component.

I would reccomend the Zed Audio amps. Full range class D, plenty of power, superb sound and a small footprint. Also very efficient so shouldn't overtax your stock electrical. They look really clean too.

I agree with most of the people on here. With SQ sound deaden the hell out of everything! If he's running all stock locations (especially if he has a stock center channel) an MS-8 processor would work well. Considering he wants to keep the factory hu he'd most likely need some form of processing.

Just pick up some decent co-axials for the rears and if he has that budget and wants some really nice speakers I'd recommend Scanspeak Illuminators/revelators, Dynaudio, Morels, HAT, and Hertz (IMO Hertz don't impress me as much as the others I listed). Install does play a huge roll in SQ but once you get passed that drivers do begin to matter, there was a pretty big difference from when I ran Dayton Refs all around to Scanspeaks. As far as subwoofers go, it's a little easier to find a driver that'll work well, I recommend the Dayton HO, Morel, Hertz, Image Dynamics, JL Audio, and there's more that I know I'm missing. That's pretty dependant on how much power you're willing to throw at it.

For power I would go with ZED Audio, DLS, Zuki, JL Audio, Zapco (Especially if you go with the ones that have built in processing and you can ditch the MS-8), Audison, ARC. Also dependant on how much room you have to spare.

I highly recommend these for your mids, I'd put them up against 95% of the "car audio" market. I've had Morels and I prefer these hands down. Put them in a sealed pod/enclosure and you'll be amazed.

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_228_256&products_id=846

As far as tweets, I'm still looking. One of the best tweets I've heard are the Dynaudio MD100's. I currently use the Morel made PG Elite tweets, but am looking for something w/a bit better off axis response. Maybe these???

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=1466

If I can quite buying older Clarion items for a bit, I'm going to get a set.

Amps??? Good God where to start. The best thing to do is listen, IF, you can. Audison is what I use and I love it. Mosconi amps, Zapco, just look around.

Processing, Audison Bitone, JBL MS-8, Audio Control DQS/DQXS.

I have a DQS, but will be replacing it w/the newest version of the Audison Bitone.

Using easy readily available components

Processor: audison bit.1 (hard to find but worth it)

Hi amp: DLS A4

Bass amp: DLS A6

Front components: hertz

Rear components: hertz

Sub: DLS nobelium 12i (calls for like 1.2^2)

I would defiantly go active. Not easy to do and set up but well worth it in the end

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.