Golf GTI NO BUDGET pure SQ

dpu2014
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so my friend is loading his golf gti. He has a budget of about $4000 and wants to stick with his stock electronics. The alternator is 120 amp. He doesnt want to completely fill up his trunk so the box needs to be 1.0cu ft or less. 6.5inch components in the front and back. Active or passive crossovers. I know a good amount about car audio but I have been out of the game for a couple years so Im not up to date with the newer products, but dont be afraid to throw terminology at me. I dont know jack about processors or filters or this or that.

He want's a pure SQ system. So my main question is wtf should he get. Imagine your dream system if the car was yours and let me know. Thanks!

If he wants nice sq he needs to look into morel and skanspeak and build up a set of components....then with that small of a box look into the dayto ho sub....

Head over to madisound and look at all the mids woofers and tweets...

If he builds a set from there I'm sure it would out do most any other comp set

If he wants nice sq he needs to look into morel and skanspeak and build up a set of components....then with that small of a box look into the dayto ho sub....
Head over to madisound and look at all the mids woofers and tweets...

If he builds a set from there I'm sure it would out do most any other comp set
All you had to do was read my post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

All you had to do was read my post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Go figure I didn't read ur post and put almost the exact same thing...hmm good minds think alike

processing is key in this case as the guy is keeping the factory headunit. I'd go with an Audiocontrol LC6 or LC8 (depending on how many speaker the factory unit has) into an Audiocontrol Three.2 mounted up front for driver control back to an Audiocontrol EQS into an Audiocontrol 6XS. Change out the 6XS crossover module to a 3.2kHz module for the front. a single 4 channel Autotek Street Machine 4160 (the 2001 models that were solid chrome, ya'll remember them) powering a set of MB Quart QSD216s up front actively crossed by the 6XS. for rears I'd have an Autotek Street Machine 275 powering a set of MB Quart PSDs with passive crossover. sub stage would be 3 JL 8W3s (before JL went mainstream) powered by an Autotek Street Machine 1700.

I know a lot of guys are going to go with Zapco amps or Rainbow speakers, just for me this would be awesome for sound and look.

From what I've seen so far from reviews and what people say, he should get two sets of Hertz MLK 2 TWs for around $2,000 or a pair of CDT ES-62iM for $1,200 a pair if he wants to spend less. Get a Cadence ZRS-C4 4 channel amplifier for $650. Get a 12" Dayton Titanic MK III's in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed box for $160 with a Cadence ZRS-C65 for $215. Personally, I'd go with the 15" version which is what I have. He should also get the Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS head unit for $1,200. I'm really good at research, and I'm sure someone could confirm this setup. I have the Dayton Titanic MK III and it's recommended by an audio genius who even started his own speaker company.

From what I've seen so far from reviews and what people say, he should get two sets of Hertz MLK 2 TWs for around $2,000 or a pair of CDT ES-62iM for $1,200 a pair if he wants to spend less. Get a Cadence ZRS-C4 4 channel amplifier for $650. Get a 12" Dayton Titanic MK III's in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed box for $160 with a Cadence ZRS-C65 for $215. Personally, I'd go with the 15" version which is what I have. He should also get the Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS head unit for $1,200. I'm really good at research, and I'm sure someone could confirm this setup. I have the Dayton Titanic MK III and it's recommended by an audio genius who even started his own speaker company.
more money does not mean they are the best...
a set of comps made from these i think will sound just as good....

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_228_256&products_id=8474

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=8435

I don't believe I ever said price mattered. Just saying from what I've read those are the two best components I've heard about. Active setup is tough and some people don't want to do it. Personally I've heard the ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6620-00 is the best tweeter available along with the Illuminator woofers being better than Morel. It's used in the "best speakers in the world" from reputable sources costs over $100,000. Can't remember the name. Although they have modified it a little bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.