8" Door Speakers in a MK7 Golf SportWagen

You posted what? The Steven's?
Yep you fell several post behind and didn't keep up. The Stevens while a good driver aren't end all be all.

damn dude typing on a phone with auto correct and buttons that are kinda close, yea typos happen get over it. Funny how 8 is right over i on the phone leading to lots of 8s 8t and lots of other typos. Big fingers on a smallish screen. But hey I'm grown enough to understand typos sorry you aren't

Yep you fell several post behind and didn't keep up. The Stevens while a good driver aren't end all be all.

damn dude typing on a phone with auto correct and buttons that are kinda close, yea typos happen get over it. Funny how 8 is right over i on the phone leading to lots of 8s 8t and lots of other typos. Big fingers on a smallish screen. But hey I'm grown enough to understand typos sorry you aren't

I'm also on a phone. I guess that you're saying that Steven's audio *****.

I'm also on a phone. I guess that you're saying that Steven's audio *****.

Never said it was bad I'm saying I personally would pick a different option. It's not the right speaker for everyone. That mid would've been fine to recommend compared to the pioneer and deaf bounce options that you linked at least the Stevens can play sub 100hz

Never said it was bad I'm saying I personally would pick a different option. It's not the right speaker for everyone. That mid would've been fine to recommend compared to the pioneer and deaf bounce options that you linked at least the Stevens can play sub 100hz

Why would you call me out like that? It is what it is. I guess it's on from here.

Steven's audio is great. When did you recommend Steven's? You won't get closer to bass in your doors.
I didn't, you should've instead of those pioneer and deaf bounce options.

And yea you can get closer to bass in your doors.

And if that's what you call being called out I'm sorry you feel that way I guess your no triggerman but rather just triggered. Oh well I'm bored now anyway.

Have you ever run the Pioneer? Have you ever run the Steven's? Why did you come at me if you haven't run both speakers?

A. I'm not coming at you, I don't think you know what that really means.

B. I have ran the Stevens thanks for assuming though.

C. no I don't want to waste my money on the pioneers.

I was kinda surprised that the Stevens are PAish drivers. The look like the bastard child of a PA speaker mashed up with a "real" midbass driver, but the FS isn't there. Maybe the idea is to jack up ~40hz on the EQ by 3-4 db to increase lowend output, but without the proper DSP, that's gonna create issues with substage. When he still owned ID, alot of the HLCD guys were running PHL's high efficiency drivers to keep up with the HLCDs. But those guys tended to be into high end SQ, competitions, etc, so they would have a substage & know how to get it blend properly with whatever midbass/range they were running without pulling the midbass to the rear of the car. Usually meant stepping up to 8" drivers too, which presents another set of problems. And they had processing power to deal with the issues that arise from running PA speakers in a car. That said, those probably work for the average daily driver that tend to have high crossover points (not filter points, the actual crossover frequency).

For the general public that's just looking to drop some speakers in the door, HiFi oriented speakers and power is much more logical solution.

I was kinda surprised that the Stevens are PAish drivers. The look like the bastard child of a PA speaker mashed up with a "real" midbass driver, but the FS isn't there. Maybe the idea is to jack up ~40hz on the EQ by 3-4 db to increase lowend output, but without the proper DSP, that's gonna create issues with substage. When he still owned ID, alot of the HLCD guys were running PHL's high efficiency drivers to keep up with the HLCDs. But those guys tended to be into high end SQ, competitions, etc, so they would have a substage & know how to get it blend properly with whatever midbass/range they were running without pulling the midbass to the rear of the car. Usually meant stepping up to 8" drivers too, which presents another set of problems. And they had processing power to deal with the issues that arise from running PA speakers in a car. That said, those probably work for the average daily driver that tend to have high crossover points (not filter points, the actual crossover frequency).

For the general public that's just looking to drop some speakers in the door, HiFi oriented speakers and power is much more logical solution.

With properly deadened and sealed doors you might could cross lower but I don't typically cross at or below fs of the driver without it being in a proper enclosure

With properly deadened and sealed doors you might could cross lower but I don't typically cross at or below fs of the driver without it being in a proper enclosure

I typically stay close to 2x FS for my crossover point for a standard door install. Forcing the driver to play down around FS just makes the higher frequencies sound muddy. Forcing a PA speaker with limited xmax to play at or below FS in door is just asking for a bad listening experience.

I typically stay close to 2x FS for my crossover point for a standard door install. Forcing the driver to play down around FS just makes the higher frequencies sound muddy. Forcing a PA speaker with limited xmax to play at or below FS in door is just asking for a bad listening experience.

Intend to play with it a bit. The silverflutes can play fairly low. But imho 50hz is where I like to high pass them in my system. I can play them full range but they get muddy and crossing at 63hz I don't gain anything noticable 40hz starts to get muddy bit 50hz just works. Fs is 37.5 so I'm fairly close to fs.

On tweeters I typically run 2x fs or even higher.

Last edited:

And yet you started talking to the OP about midrange speakers not subs after you come at me. How is it not coming at me when you replied to my post to the OP? My post wasn't even to you. You took time out of your day to specifically reply to a post that wasn't even directed to you. IMO that's coming at me kid.

Please explain what it means then genius. Please post some videos and meter scores of your systems kid. Don't forget to show the frequencies either. I'll wait little kid. Stay in your lane or let's roll.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Darthyota

CarAudio.com Newbie
Darthyota
Alberta, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views