Best budget single DIN head unit

Imperiumwolf

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 and I'm looking to upgrade the head unit. The stock radio is the base model, I think it's called a 3.0. It has no bluetooth, no steering wheel controls, no touchscreen, etc.

The main things I'm wanting out of a new head unit is bluetooth and preamp outputs. I want to also eventually upgrade the stock speakers and add a sub.

The last aftermarket head units I had were back in the late 90's, early 2000's. I always ran Kenwood so I'm partial to the brand. I'm definitely not an audiophile, so I don't need a top end unit. I honestly prefer the look of single DIN units and like the nostalgia of them.

I'll most likely be ordering from Crutchfield. Budget is under $200 but closer to $150 or less if there's a decent one. I see the only single DIN they carry over $200 is a higher powered Sony. I also like Alpine (had a few buddies with them back in the day) but have read not so great things about their bluetooth connectivity.

What can you all recommend?

I would not get overly concerned about brands at this price point, cept to say that any of the major Brands, Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, all about the same in this price range.

THis looks like a decent Pioneer - Hi/low level out (6 Channel RCA), bluetooth, W/CD to boot!

Last edited:
Avoid jvc 480bhs hard to see the display in the daytime even with the brightness all the way up also not as easy getting to the audio menu like the Kenwood. The 705 looks similar to my 503 non-CD so that would be my choice between JVC and Kenwood. I also have the non-CD version of the pioneer in the first reply. Can’t go wrong with either one.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...