General sub wiring and setting confirmation.

Participant count
  • Participant list

philmb

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all.

I just want to make sure i understand a couple of things.

I bought a sub, wired it into the back speaker. Seems ok.
I used the fade to move a little more sound to the sub than the front speakers to stop the front speakers clipping if i turned it up.

When i do this i have plenty of low end but it sounds a bit muddy because i lose the highs from the front speakers as i move the sound more towards the back sub. is there a solution to this?

Or.

Can i just get a 1 channel amp for the sub and keep the other speakers as is as they sound fine?

Also do i just attach an RCA cable to the back of my head unit sub connector - plug the other end into the amp and then the sub to the output on the amp?

does it matter that the head unit is connected to the car speakers through a harness but i would connect the sub via the RCA? Or would i need to connect all the speakers through RCA?

Also can you control the sound of the speakers and sub independently? as in turn the low down a little on the car speakers and have the majority of the lows coming from the sub.

Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.