Garbage Can sub box.... I need help

i hate it for this guy...

tryin to get help and everyone on this forum tries to tell what they want the person to do.

just ****in help the guy. if we say we want this just do it dont ask y or hey you should do it this way. seems simple right?

not for this forum

tryin to get help and everyone on this forum tries to tell what they want the person to do.

just ****in help the guy. if we say we want this just do it dont ask y or hey you should do it this way. seems simple right?

not for this forum
He says he wants to go cheap but this route will be more expensive, we're suggesting cheaper options and he's on a budget. Is there anything wrong with offering cheaper solutions?

this idea is stupid. The issue isn't that it's a sonotube, it's that it's made of cheap very bendable plastic and will flex and roll around unless you get it supported. If you set it up it'll be top heavy and the tube doesn't weight anything hardly.

There is a reason sonotubes are build out fo things like concrete and other very DENSE NON BENDABLE MATERIALS.... For the price of fiberglass and mat you could have spent 40 bucks on some freaking MDF, unless you time means NOTHING to you.

Time doesnt mean much to me no

The plastic this tube is made out of isnt flimsy, you can stand on it when its on its side and it doesnt buckle.

When I add a baffle and a few layerof woven mat and a circle window brace it will be solid as hell

I said I was on a budget, yes, that doesnt mean I wanted the cheapest route available. I wanted something different and in my price range.

For the sake of you guys saying an MDF box is only gonna cost $45 is crazy to me though, cause a sheet of 3/4" here is $34 and I pay $5 for the first big cuts so I can get it home. Then a $5 bottle of glue, $10 in hard dowel rod bracing and Id probly STILL end up fiberglassing the inside of the box completely anyways so **** it wouldnt be cheaper.

Im going to make the plastic barrel into a home theater sub and Im gonna try and wood stain box for my car for the AQ 18'

not for this forum
Why would we help him do it wrong. How can we go about helping him do what we wouldn't do ourselves?

Help is exactly what he is getting, how do you not understand that?

Seems simple right?

Hell its gonna cost money either way. Why are we burning this guy for trying to be a little creative? I mean **** it probably wont be as good as an Mdf box but everyone else has done mdf.

I had an idea last night on this one, what if you cut one down the side and stuck it inside the original barrel? Maybe bolt it together or stick some deadner in between so they dont rattle? That would make it more rigid and wouldnt cost you.

Hell its gonna cost money either way. Why are we burning this guy for trying to be a little creative? I mean **** it probably wont be as good as an Mdf box but everyone else has done mdf.
I had an idea last night on this one, what if you cut one down the side and stuck it inside the original barrel? Maybe bolt it together or stick some deadner in between so they dont rattle? That would make it more rigid and wouldnt cost you.
good idea. id love to see this guy take the time and make this work and post some videos up

high density polyethylene is pretty tuff stuff.. they do make construction materials out of it.. but that barrel isn't very thick.. If it were 1/2" it would be better..

with that said, I wouldn't bother trying to fiberglass it.. it won't stick worth **** anyway..

I think your best bet is to get some wooden dowels and brace the **** out of it... I'd have to agree actually buying some real sonotube or a sheet of MDF is better then trying to ghettofab something for free, though...

oh now you are on a budget? and now you are yappin about peoples opinions when you continually ask for their opinions and dont like the response...face it, you **** at everything you do, dislike honest opinions, and when you get called out you dont respond because you are too immature to treat people correctly to begin with

go look at his 8-12's build thread to see what i mean

I built it tonight little *****, 3 layers internal of 1.5oz chop mat and 2 layers on the exterior and its strong as hell. Can stand on it with no bend at all.Only put a .75" front baffle on it..

I got the exterior layers sanded enough to cover with carpet.

Working on making some 8" flare port

Thanks for caring quest, feels good to do something you never have buddy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.