Gain setting

Participant count
  • Participant list
V(ac)=√(watt×ohm)
Use a dmm set to volts ac and this formula.

Make sure your crossovers are set firsts.

1000hz test tone.
Does that work if I'm purposely trying to lessen the output voltage to the speakers?

What I want to do is purposely cut the level to the speakers 25 to 75% because the RMS rating for the amps is higher than the recommended RMS for the speakers.

I have a digital multimeter and I'm planning to use it to calculate the correct signal strength for input and output I just wanted to make sure that my logic was correct.

Does that work if I'm purposely trying to lessen the output voltage to the speakers?

What I want to do is purposely cut the level to the speakers 25 to 75% because the RMS rating for the amps is higher than the recommended RMS for the speakers.

I have a digital multimeter and I'm planning to use it to calculate the correct signal strength for input and output I just wanted to make sure that my logic was correct.

Yes you can set the gain to whatever watt RMS you want below the amps max output using that formula.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...