Gain setting with multi meter

Hello I'm new at this so here it goes,I have 1- Soundqubed HDS 212 woofer which is 2 ohm dual voice coil,I have it wired for 1 ohm,so when i set my gain with a multi meter do i do the math with 1 ohm or 2 ohm?
Where did you get that you need a multimeter to set gain on the amp?

I usually set it 3/4, you should be fine. But thats me..

Sent from my Portable

Hello I'm new at this so here it goes,I have 1- Soundqubed HDS 212 woofer which is 2 ohm dual voice coil,I have it wired for 1 ohm,so when i set my gain with a multi meter do i do the math with 1 ohm or 2 ohm?
The amp is seeing 1, so you'd use sqrt(P x 1)

Where did you get that you need a multimeter to set gain on the amp?
I usually set it 3/4, you should be fine. But thats me..
Not a great idea. Amps can vary pretty widely in input sensitivity and HU's can vary by a few volts in signal strength. The correct gain setting could easily vary from 25-75% from one set up to the next.

At least do it by ear:

How to Set Your Gains

You dont! Trust me dont go by the 3/4 rule unless you plan on replacing your cones alot. Just cuz Your subs can take some clipping for a short amount of time dont make it a good idea..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.