Gain Setting Tutorial

Ok thx, and one more question, i'm only able to send 300wrms to my 800wrms subs, is this bad? Could this damage something? It hasnt seemed to do so yet (had them for over a year).

Ok thx, and one more question, i'm only able to send 300wrms to my 800wrms subs, is this bad? Could this damage something? It hasnt seemed to do so yet (had them for over a year).
Over a year and you're asking??? Obviosly no.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lol, ok. Well, i'm tryin to test the voltage, but i'm getting no reading, just 0.0 all the time, i followed the tutorial exactly, i dont know where the hell i'm goin wrong. Can anybody help me out?

Ya, all that is fine, i'm so lost, lol. Ok i test the voltage and it shows nothing, but i tried hooking up the subs right after and they are boomin, just to see if i had something wrong with the multimeter i tried every setting and i got nothing, i even tried testing the car battery and got nothing. I'm thinkin there might be something wrong with my multimeter, but it's brand new (yes i do have the 9v battery in there and the fuse is not blown.) Might there be something wrong with the way i'm using it to read the voltage (keep in mind that i was using V~ 200 to test the amp voltage with and i did try other settings just in case i was wrong.)

It means that with a 0 dB tone, each of your amplifiers will produce 500 watts ... The purpose of calculating this information is to prevent clipping and damage to your drivers as this makes it impossible to physically clip your amp ... However, the downside to this is you may not get the desired performance with music, so you may want to modify this method (use a lower sub level (say +10 on a scale from 0-15) or a lower level test tone (say -3 dB)
Decado - Yes, you want to use ~200 VAC unless you plan to exceed 200 volts ...

digital mint, Yes, you want 44.7 volts ...
thanks

Well, i have the wires in the right spot, so my only guess could be that my multimeter does not work. This is quite odd since it is brand new but sometimes stuff just doesnt work i guess.

hey guys please help me out heres my situation.

I have a jbl 520 watt 4-channel amp. It runs my rear 6x9 infinity kappas and my front cdt audio ef-61.

How do I figure out how many volts I want it maxed out at?

Also on my multimeter do I set it to AC? I would have thought to set it to DC because its getting dc power?

The test tones link isin't working does any one happen to have a 35, 45, 50, and 80 hz tone

they can send me? If not, do you know of a site i can download it from? TIA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.