First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

Do you have any friends with any wood working skills? Or friends dad's or family or anything like that?

Your system will sound like whatever kind of effort you put into it. Quick cheap bass is going to be just like that. You can do cheap bass that you think through thoroughly that can perform quite well.
My buddy’s dad won a couple sub competitions and does woodworking for a living, I’m planning on having him tune my sub and wire it up, I’d just hate to get him to build the box too.

My buddy’s dad won a couple sub competitions and does woodworking for a living, I’m planning on having him tune my sub and wire it up, I’d just hate to get him to build the box too.

All you can do is ask, you know? Maybe he'd like to do it. I know me being a little older now, I love helping younger people get the first system banging who don't have the experience me or some of the longer time car audio people do. He could probably slap a box together in 30-45 mins. They aren't hard to do, especially if you have clamps.

I’ll definitely think about building a box, i just really am low on time, I’m only off one day a week, pretty sure I’m gonna stick with a 12 so there’s enough room for people to sit in the back beside the sub.

Good luck man. I,will stand by an XFL1222 with an MD1800. That would still leave a $100 for a box, either, custom or pre-fab. Up to you. You can beat the hell out of an XFL. Everybody is giving legit advice, just different perspectives. I tried to put myself in a teenagers shoes who works six days a week. Peace

Good luck man, I hope you get what you are looking for. I've been in your situation many times. I just wanted bass in a hurry. I wasn't an audiophile as a teenager. I just wanted bass. A custom built box will always be best. I was just trying to get you to the quickest and cheapest solution to your question. Good luck brother!
I definitely like what you recommended, currently all I have is a Bluetooth speaker for audio so I am by no means an audiophile lol, I’m gonna have to wait awhile to get a sub anyway because my dad dropped my radio while we were working on it and I guess it pulled a wire loose and now I can’t get it to turn on.

OP just so you know the XFL's are no longer 1000 watts RMS even though their website is not showing it. They are now a 1,500 watts RMS with upgraded red spider. They have been shipping them to their suppliers. But they didn't upgrade anything else which was stupid.

I definitely like what you recommended, currently all I have is a Bluetooth speaker for audio so I am by no means an audiophile lol, I’m gonna have to wait awhile to get a sub anyway because my dad dropped my radio while we were working on it and I guess it pulled a wire loose and now I can’t get it to turn on.

Check all of the pins in the wiring harness

I understand that Op. But it is worth taking the time and effort. Trust us on this. We have all done this stuff and prefab never works right. A custom ported box will give you that bass you want.

He fukking said that he works six days a week and is pressed for time. And, I have already told him that a custom box would be ideal. Re-read the fugking thread.

Ok I hate to sound like an idiot, but I really am not good at wiring, what do you mean by the pins

So in your wiring, you have the plastic clips that connect together. There's little pins inside of those clips that stick into a hole in the other harness that it attaches to. You may have pulled a pin out or part way out.

OP just so you know the XFL's are no longer 1000 watts RMS even though their website is not showing it. They are now a 1,500 watts RMS with upgraded red spider. They have been shipping them to their suppliers. But they didn't upgrade anything else which was stupid.

And, am MD1800 dyno'd at 2,300 watts. So, now what are you going to say?

So in your wiring, you have the plastic clips that connect together. There's little pins inside of those clips that stick into a hole in the other harness that it attaches to. You may have pulled a pin out or part way out.
I’m assuming I would have to pull the dash to be able to see that, at this point I might just take it to a shop unless you think the price would be ridiculous

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.