First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

Correct, I can, I’m very hands on but I work 6 days a week so I’m really trying to make this as simple as possible. If it is that important to get a custom built box my buddys dad used to do sub competitions and could probably build me a box.

So, would $500 still be your budget for a sub and amp only? That changes a lot.

Too lazy to look at his signature? Either way the Fu subwoofer is still better then AB. If anything I would consider a 15" as well if you have the room. Look as I said XFL's can hit no doubt about it. I am just done with AB is all not impressed with what I bought.

Pop would be better at that or @Buck. I have never run those before.

Also I as a teenager once as well and built my own boxes. Buy the wood at Home Depot and have them cut it for you. They will do so many cuts for free then after that it is usually around .50 cents a cut. Then all you need is glue and screws.

He just said that he wouldn't build his own box.

No he didn't he just said he could have his buddy do it. Read! Either way it isn't that hard to do especially if Home Depot is doing the cutting idk what is so hard about that to understand?

" If it is that important to get a custom built box my buddys dad used to do sub competitions and could probably build me a box."

And yes it is kinda important a custom box design from Buck will be so MUCH better then what you can buy prefab for 50-80 dollars or even much higher.

Too lazy to look at his signature? Either way the Fu subwoofer is still better then AB. If anything I would consider a 15" as well if you have the room. Look as I said XFL's can hit no doubt about it. I am just done with AB is all not impressed with what I bought.

Who are you saying is too lazy? The kid wants some cheap big bass that he van beat the hell out of to impress his friends. An XFL1222 or 1522 on a MD1800 would do the trick.

Pop would be better at that or @Buck. I have never run those before.

Also I as a teenager once as well and built my own boxes. Buy the wood at Home Depot and have them cut it for you. They will do so many cuts for free then after that it is usually around .50 cents a cut. Then all you need is glue and screws.
My buddy has a shop where I could cut all the wood, I’m just worried if I’ll have enough time to do it. If it really does make that much of a difference I’d be willing to do it. How do I know how to build the box based on the sub?

I definitely like the looks and specs of that sub for the price, just not sure about the brand cause I’ve never heard of them and it says they don’t accept returns. Do you know if they build reliable subs?

Great subwoofers. Small one man company.

I pulled down all my videos from Youtube but there are still quite a few from others running them. Got a few locals to run them after they heard mine and they loved them as well. They were priced at $199 before and that's why I quit recommending them as much. But at $129 they are a steal.

Who are you saying is too lazy? The kid wants some cheap big bass that he van beat the hell out of to impress his friends. An XFL1222 or 1522 on a MD1800 would do the trick.
Yea basically lol, I haven’t had enough money to put a radio in my truck for awhile, but now I picked up another job so I’ll be able to put a radio and sub in it

And yes it would make a huge difference in doing a custom box. You would really notice the difference vs some prefab box that someone else runs with the same subwoofer whatever your choice is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.