First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

I’m assuming I would have to pull the dash to be able to see that, at this point I might just take it to a shop unless you think the price would be ridiculous

Yeah, just to find a small issue like that would cost more money than I'd want to pay, for sure. It just depends on how much you want to learn or work on it yourself. IMO, it's good to be able to fix and maintain your own stuff.

I would take a sundown SFB over a Taramps any day of the week. Along with just about anything over AB. So there you got your response smart ass.

I just bought Sundown jerk off! Nice try though. The OP is on a strict budget.
20210118_180535.jpg

lol yeah I know well offer him up the cash instead or have someone else you know buy it for him. I was able to drink in the bars at 16 since I looked old enough but buying from a retail store was harder so I would just give 5 bucks to someone to buy it for me,lol. Shhhh you didn't hear that from me!

And I know that jackass. You tell me sorry then you post that. Yep take your meds or something!

I gave him options that were well within the 500 dollars but ok your right as always!

Yeah, just to find a small issue like that would cost more money than I'd want to pay, for sure. It just depends on how much you want to learn or work on it yourself. IMO, it's good to be able to fix and maintain your own stuff.
I’ve pulled the dash before to replace the heater core, I do all my own maintenance on the truck but I’d just hate to pull it off and not know what I’m looking at. I’ve never really done wiring before

It isn't hard OP just look for wires that have pulled out or look suspect and redo them. Good scotch electrical tape is what is needed. I solder mine then cover them with heatshrink then tape them over so I know they are solid.

I’ve pulled the dash before to replace the heater core, I do all my own maintenance on the truck but I’d just hate to pull it off and not know what I’m looking at. I’ve never really done wiring before

It's not that hard, to me at least. It can be anxiety provoking at first, but radio wiring is usually pretty simple.

It isn't hard OP just look for wires that have pulled out or look suspect and redo them. Good scotch electrical tape is what is needed. I solder mine then cover them with heatshrink then tape them over so I know they are solid.
I’ve been twisting them together then putting electrical tape on it, which I know isn’t really the best but it should work for at least temporary connection right?

Hey man, will you build your own box? If so,does that change your $500 budget to $425, $450, or $400. It actually makes a difference in our recommendations.

Should work I would just really twist them together and use some good scotch electrical tape though. That cheap stuff tends to fall apart easily. Or you can use heat shrink butt connectors as well those are not expensive and you use heat to shrink them down and then tape them.

Hey man, will you build your own box? If so,does that change your $500 budget to $425, $450, or $400. It actually makes a difference in our recommendations.
I mean, everyone has recommended it so I guess I might have to, budget would be $400 for amp and sub if the box will be under $100, really I’m trying to do this as cheap as I possibly can without having a sub that sounds like it came from the flea market and sorta compete with my other friends subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.