First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

Oh no I upset the great and mighty bobbytwonames!!

Yes I know that and still advise a custom box they are not that bloody expensive to do! Idk why you think it is but whatever living out in Las Vegas maybe changed that.

MDF is not that expensive I pay 18 bucks for a sheet of 3/4"x4'x8'...Yeah real expensive! 2 sheets of that plus some screws and glue you have what 50 bucks maybe total with taxes? That leaves 450 for subwoofer and amplifier minus the fee Buck designs which isn't all that much for a simple ported box.

Oh no I upset the great and mighty bobbytwonames!!

Yes I know that and still advise a custom box they are not that bloody expensive to do! Idk why you think it is but whatever living out in Las Vegas maybe changed that.

MDF is not that expensive I pay 18 bucks for a sheet of 3/4"x4'x8'...Yeah real expensive! 2 sheets of that plus some screws and glue you have what 50 bucks maybe total with taxes? That leaves 450 for subwoofer and amplifier minus the fee Buck designs which isn't all that much for a simple ported box.

Now, buy him the knowledge, time, and tools to build the box. You guys are missing the point. This teenager wants cheap big bass yesterday, not in a month.

It isn't hard he has the ability to do so or have you missed that point? Guess you have

And oh no a dislike from Bobby my world is shattered!

Also OP a 15" in that FU pop told you about is 160 with free shipping plus 169.99 for a b-stock nib SFB 1000.materials, total cost 330.00 and the cost to pay buck MORE then enough to do it.

If you buy a prefab, it's gonna sound like doodoo. Unless it's just a sealed box. I can make cheap systems louder than expensive ones just by the box the woofers are in.
I’m assuming you just make designs for the boxes and I would build it on my own right?

Correct, I can, I’m very hands on but I work 6 days a week so I’m really trying to make this as simple as possible. If it is that important to get a custom built box my buddys dad used to do sub competitions and could probably build me a box.

@Coolhand20th, do you het what the OP is saying now. He wants big bass for as cheap as possible right fugking now. He's a working man.

And that does it. And yes @Buck designs them and sends you everything you need to built it with detailed plans.

It doesn't take long to build a box but okay I guess you are right as always when the rest of us are wrong.

It isn't hard he has the ability to do so or have you missed that point? Guess you have

Also OP a 15" in that FU pop told you about is 160 with free shipping plus 169.99 for a b-stock nib SFB 1000.materials, total cost 330.00 and the cost to pay buck MORE then enough to do it.

[/URL]

So, buy this teenager the tools to build this box. He wants bass now, not yesterday. Also, he works six days a week. Open your eyes. We've all been there.

[/URL]
I’ll definitely think about building a box, i just really am low on time, I’m only off one day a week, pretty sure I’m gonna stick with a 12 so there’s enough room for people to sit in the back beside the sub.

Open your eyes yourself he said he has the ability to do the cuts but you missed that as well. It doesn't take much to do it with home depot doing the cuts and then buying the mdf there and oh wow I'm sure he doesn't have access to a drill!

I understand that Op. But it is worth taking the time and effort. Trust us on this. We have all done this stuff and prefab never works right. A custom ported box will give you that bass you want.

I’ll definitely think about building a box, i just really am low on time, I’m only off one day a week, pretty sure I’m gonna stick with a 12 so there’s enough room for people to sit in the back beside the sub.

Do you have any friends with any wood working skills? Or friends dad's or family or anything like that?

Your system will sound like whatever kind of effort you put into it. Quick cheap bass is going to be just like that. You can do cheap bass that you think through thoroughly that can perform quite well.

The last box I built was cut with a handheld circular saw on somebodies parent's back porch table. I can't believe they let me cut wood on their giant back porch table 😂

Then me and my buddy glued and screwed it without clamps on my tiny tiny enclosed back porch when I was still in TN and it worked out well. The box was like 12 cuts.

My buddy has a shop where I could cut all the wood, I’m just worried if I’ll have enough time to do it. If it really does make that much of a difference I’d be willing to do it. How do I know how to build the box based on the sub?

Good luck man, I hope you get what you are looking for. I've been in your situation many times. I just wanted bass in a hurry. I wasn't an audiophile as a teenager. I just wanted bass. A custom built box will always be best. I was just trying to get you to the quickest and cheapest solution to your question. Good luck brother!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.