Finished Building System, Any thoughts?

It will either be the MD1800 or the MD3000. I'm sitting here debating myself which one. I dropped the Bug off for upholstery today. I get it back on Wednesday.
to make life easier for you.. md 3000 plus a stinger voltmeter to call it a day. install the voltmeter, play your hardest hitting bass song, turn the gain up until your volts hit 12.0 to 12.2, thats your max safe levels. viola so simple. You dont even have to worry about clipping.

to make life easier for you.. md 3000 plus a stinger voltmeter to call it a day. install the voltmeter, play your hardest hitting bass song, turn the gain up until your volts hit 12.0 to 12.2, thats your max safe levels. viola so simple. You dont even have to worry about clipping.

Dead

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff! Never thought about the volt meter idea. With my limited electrical, it sounds like a must.

It is a must but when you buy taramps it also has a clipping light. If mine drops to 13v I lower the gain
IMG_20191103_153942.jpg

This is what you want
It is a must but when you buy taramps it also has a clipping light. If mine drops to 13v I lower the gain

as long as the clipping light is not going off and the subs can take the power, you can let it drop down to battery resting voltage no problems. Voltage drop just means your amp is actually outputting power and drawing proper current, there's no harm in not keeping at 14 volts if its not clipping, you are just short changing yourself out of a lot of output.

as long as the clipping light is not going off and the subs can take the power, you can let it drop down to battery resting voltage no problems. Voltage drop just means your amp is actually outputting power and drawing proper current, there's no harm in not keeping at 14 volts if its not clipping, you are just short changing yourself out of a lot of output.

It drops to 12.8 sometimes on very bass heavy songs. My gain 3/4.

Think it clips at about 12.5 but I was told it's almost an early warning light. it never even gets warm.

With my electrical, I might want to steer clear of Taramps. I've read quite a few reviews about amps clipping and dying. It seems like they are pretty touchy.
Why would you comment on a technology you know nothing about. Your electrical capacity is limited, you need something that works on limited amperage, but you’re convinced you need Current hog amp. Deal that hd Sub for a lower series or get a Brazilian let this thread die

They are actually more picky when you have overly stout electricals, with weak electricals you wont ever stress out the output stage of the amp.

Why would you comment on a technology you know nothing about. Your electrical capacity is limited, you need something that works on limited amperage, but you’re convinced you need Current hog amp. Deal that hd Sub for a lower series or get a Brazilian let this thread die

Dead

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.