Finished Building System, Any thoughts?

His English was killing me. It was hard to figure out what he was trying to say. Plus, we were talking smack to each other. 🤣
[/QUOT
What on earth are you talking about? My English was fine.

If you think this is bad, you should see a lot of FB posts started by members and replies.

I had an Orion Xtr2500.1dz, but thought it would draw way too much current for my electrical, so, I switched to the Soundstream. If I get 1,700 out of the SS, then, I will be happy. Maybe, I should've went with the Taramps MD300.1 4 ohm version. Anyway, I'm no genius, and I'm limited with my electrical. I'll see how this works out. Shtedder2 designed me a nice big box to compensate for some of my problems. If it doesn't sound good, or, have enough power for me, then I will buy a Brutal Sounds BS2.1 Thanks for the info., I'm no noob, but not an idiot either.

you should have just kept the orion and then set the gains to where you maintain a solid 12 ish volts at heaviest bass drops. You can even run a 100k rms amp on your system just fine if you set it to where you only drop to 12 volts, you arent going to get the full power out of the amp until you upgrade your electrical but the amp will run cooler and more efficient not even being slightly stressed vs a weaker amp thats being redlined. What do you think will last longer? what is harder on the amp internals being at 60% capacity or 90%+? the maxed out one will build up heat faster and the efficiency will tank even more drawing even more current which is even worse on your electrical system not to mention to get full power you need to literally soft clip (not normal clipping its the point in the video where the dyno sees 2200 ish rms) and at that point the efficiency tanks even more, parts are more stressed etc.. you sorta see a pattern?

you should have just kept the orion and then set the gains to where you maintain a solid 12 ish volts at heaviest bass drops. You can even run a 100k rms amp on your system just fine if you set it to where you only drop to 12 volts, you arent going to get the full power out of the amp until you upgrade your electrical but the amp will run cooler and more efficient not even being slightly stressed vs a weaker amp thats being redlined. What do you think will last longer? what is harder on the amp internals being at 60% capacity or 90%+? the maxed out one will build up heat faster and the efficiency will tank even more drawing even more current which is even worse on your electrical system not to mention to get full power you need to literally soft clip (not normal clipping its the point in the video where the dyno sees 2200 ish rms) and at that point the efficiency tanks even more, parts are more stressed etc.. you sorta see a pattern?

Dead

Last edited:
Going for that flush look. And the plexi is removeable.

Attachments

• 20190902_194033.jpg
    20190902_194033.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190902_194042.jpg
    20190902_194042.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 20190902_193824.jpg
    20190902_193824.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 207
I can't upgrade my electrical, that's what is making things difficult. I have two AGM batteries and a 90 amp alternator. I will try the amp that I have first. If it doesn't work, then, I will look at the Brutal Sounds BS2.1, Taramps MD1800.1, or, the Taramps MD300.1 (4 ohm version).

taramps love battery power, they are rated at 12.6 volts, and far more efficient. Korean amps are made to wire to the dirt to get power. Just get the 1 ohm version of the md3k, you can get lithium or more batts and survive off that, most competition setups in Brazil are all battery power and minimal alt power and they are loud AF louder than US in the world dbdrag rankings. You'll just have to trickle charge your batts once a month or so to top them off.

taramps love battery power, they are rated at 12.6 volts, and far more efficient. Korean amps are made to wire to the dirt to get power. Just get the 1 ohm version of the md3k, you can get lithium or more batts and survive off that, most competition setups in Brazil are all battery power and minimal alt power and they are loud AF louder than US in the world dbdrag rankings. You'll just have to trickle charge your batts once a month or so to top them off.

Dead

Last edited:
Why wouldn't I get the 4 ohm version of the MD3000? Wouldn't it pull less current at 4 ohms, while still producing the same wattage? Also, I'm thinking of getting a three way electronic crossover, is it worth it? Or, try and get a DSP?
i replied to you my thoughts on the crossover vs the dsp in the other thread already.

its going to pull the same current regardless because its still trying to produce 3000 watts. There's no magical shortcut where the amp pulls less current to make the same power. However now you are stuck with an amp that is harder to sell due to the ohm load if you ever want to upgrade in the future. plus impedance rise is an absolute ***** to deal with. wiring to 4 ohms you'll be seeing 8 to 12 ohm power by the time music starts playing.

the impedance rise is what makes you pull less current but it also dramatically reduces the real world power you are getting as well. You will definitely be louder with the 1 ohm option in my opinion. Just set the gain to where the voltages drop to 12.0-12.2 volts at the most and you'll be fine

the impedance rise is what makes you pull less current but it also dramatically reduces the real world power you are getting as well. You will definitely be louder with the 1 ohm option in my opinion. Just set the gain to where the voltages drop to 12.0-12.2 volts at the most and you'll be fine

Dead

Last edited:

Dead

Last edited:
We take our time to explain things to you and recommend what to run and you keep ignoring us and asking the same question over and over... I don't know how many times you have asked what amp and crossover to run...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.