ejschultz' Build Log

ejschultz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well, I don't have any pics yet, but I started to dismantle my car tonight. I'll be putting in a set of Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS components, and I'll be deadening my doors. I haven't done a build log yet for anything else I've done on my car so I'll take some pics of everything when it's all done. I'm hoping to get everything finished up tomorrow. I don't think it should take too long, although I've never deadened anything before. I'll probably throw some deadener in the trunk as well and pull my rear speakers and run the components up front bridged. Pics are to come. Here's a link with some pics of the speakers.

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434391

Here we go...

passenger door with Focal 136V installed

P1010133-1.jpg

driver's door before install

P1010139-1.jpg

inner door deadening, passenger, Dynamat Xtreme

P1010135-1.jpg

inner door deadening, driver, Dynamat Xtreme

P1010143.jpg

passenger door all wired up and ready to go w/full deadener

P1010138.jpg

driver door all wired up and ready to go w/full deadener

P1010145.jpg

a shot of the crossover (driver's side crossover is way up in the dash)

P1010146.jpg

passenger door reassembled with tweeter in sail panel

P1010149.jpg

driver door reassembled with tweeter in sail panel

P1010150.jpg

and for fun, a shot of the HU with my black lights on

P1010156.jpg

They're not bridged yet as this was an all day project for me. Bridging them will come in time. I think I'll break them in running them at 70 watts for now. They do sound amazing. I couldn't believe the amount of midbass they produce. Walking bass lines sound amazing on these. They have so much detail. I'm more than happy with them for now, but that's just my initial impression. I'll write a review on them in a few weeks after they're broken in.

There's absolutely no room behind the sail panel to go into it. I'll eventually either glass some pods for them to fit in the sail panel or possibly lower them and saw into the panel and put them in there.

Maybe he wants to easily switch tweeter sizes without a gaping hole, or having to worry about matching his new tweeters to his old tweeters? Not everyone wants to hack up their car for car audio. At least I don't.

Maybe he wants to easily switch tweeter sizes without a gaping hole, or having to worry about matching his new tweeters to his old tweeters? Not everyone wants to hack up their car for car audio.
This. I am much more likely to glass some tweeter pods than cut into the panel. I just have to practice with it before I attempt to do it for my car. I hate doing things to my car that I can't reverse.

Maybe he wants to easily switch tweeter sizes without a gaping hole, or having to worry about matching his new tweeters to his old tweeters? Not everyone wants to hack up their car for car audio. At least I don't.
meh, permanent damage shows dedication. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.