bootleg Land Rover Build - Inprogress...

Participant count
  • Participant list

agarabaghi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
2004 Land Rover Discovery... pretty sloppy ghetto build =P

Stock mids / high / headunit

Tape deck iphone hook up... yeaaaa tape deck!

(2) Audiopipe APSM 1300

(1) Sundown SA12

Box: 2.0ft before displacement with 2x17 3" aero ports.

image130u.jpg

imagechn.jpg

image1rvq.jpg

I plan on changing the sub out to a 10" xcon once i get it reconed. It's gonna be running 2000watts rms to the xcon. Right now i have each coil of the SA12 on one amp, so its probably seeing ~1200rms ...

im gonna just assume most my friends havent heard really loud systems but they are all impressed and I must say im pretty impressed with the SA12 line... its gets loud for me...

ha, well the black one has been running for over a year with no issues (cept the power light doesnt come on anymore, but it was also in a boat). I have another apsm1300 in the boat thats been running for over a year also. I know some people had some bad batches, but the new design with the knobs not under the chasis seem to be holding up better.

ha, well the black one has been running for over a year with no issues (cept the power light doesnt come on anymore, but it was also in a boat). I have another apsm1300 in the boat thats been running for over a year also. I know some people had some bad batches, but the new design with the knobs not under the chasis seem to be holding up better.
They used some pretty terrible parts inside, you are very lucky if yours hasn't become a portable smoker yet. They did a recall on all of the apsm 1300s IIRC, and that wasn't too long ago either.

They used some pretty terrible parts inside, you are very lucky if yours hasn't become a portable smoker yet. They did a recall on all of the apsm 1300s IIRC, and that wasn't too long ago either.
really? link me? I used one for a while and it was fine. Im digging the marine white one too

Well, I hope they did work out the bugs on them lol. A ton of locals had their amps just stop working like a week after getting them. Then I saw a few things online about the same thing happening.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.