ejschultz' Build Log

It's the way my wife should look at it. "I could either drop a couple hundred on a vehicle, or a couple hundred on hookers and blow. Which do you prefer, honey?"
Bet that didn't have a positive response bro. You probably went from bad to worse in her book on that comment, LOL. And those TSC comps are no joke. I ended up having 4 BNIB pairs from when a local shop had them on clearance for $65 out the door per pair. Used 2 in my truck and sold other two for double (people listening to mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ). Still have a pair of midbass from one set sitting in the garage. Sold other set for $50 three years later (think I got my $15 worth of listening out of them). Now I run larger drivers to make up for the addition of 2 more 15''s and twice the power. Kind of like you on cutting the doors up, rather have a single larger driver per door (8") than multiples... plus one pod for the Yukon J shaped speaker grill cover is much cheaper than an entire door pod.

Bet that didn't have a positive response bro. You probably went from bad to worse in her book on that comment, LOL. And those TSC comps are no joke. I ended up having 4 BNIB pairs from when a local shop had them on clearance for $65 out the door per pair. Used 2 in my truck and sold other two for double (people listening to mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ). Still have a pair of midbass from one set sitting in the garage. Sold other set for $50 three years later (think I got my $15 worth of listening out of them). Now I run larger drivers to make up for the addition of 2 more 15''s and twice the power. Kind of like you on cutting the doors up, rather have a single larger driver per door (8") than multiples... plus one pod for the Yukon J shaped speaker grill cover is much cheaper than an entire door pod.
In all honesty, I don't have the fucking balls to say that to her. We make compromises. I stay good on the car audio side for about a year and then I can usually talk her into me getting something without her getting all bent outta shape about it. When it comes to other "upgrades" for either vehicle, I tell her they're necessary for safe operation. In all honesty, most are. I just look for other things to upgrade along the way while fixing what needs fixing. Then again, it's sometimes easier to bet for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

But yeah, those components are definitely no joke.

I got the 545 installed in my Caprice, but it's just more or less in there right now. I don't have any pics yet because I want to make it all "pretty" first. So far my impressions of it are "wow" and "these PRS comps really sing now!" Hopefully, between traveling a ton for work, spending time with my family, buying a new home, and working on my Jeep, I'll have some time soon to get my car all finished up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.