Dvc question

Yes, if you run your Audiobahn with only one coil it could end up blowing the other. Anyway each coil can only handle half the power so running it with just one is just a stupid idea. And I KNOW you wouldn't be that dumb.

On the contrary I say no you won't hurt the sub. You loose power handling and the electrical q changes. But it won't hurt the sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That's the whole point of DVC speakers. If you can't use only one coil, then you might as well buy a SVC at whatever impedance you need. A D4 sub could never be 4 ohms, a D2 could never be 2 ohms.

I know JL says never use only one coil on their subs, but they're the only ones. Kicker has instructions for it in their literature... just cut the power handling capacity in half.

the point of a DVC is wiring options. You can run 1 coil. just reduce the power handling by half and short the other coil with a wire. This will keep all thiele - small parameters the same

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.