Replacing dvc door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have never seen that speaker. Very Interesting
It’s very confusing! Lol at least I now know how to take the door card off a mclaren in less than 5mins and know exactly where all the bolts go. :)

Easy life would be to take it to someone and have them change lots, but I’m a tech guy who’s spent most of his life fiddling with things doing own car audio when I was younger etc, but I’ve never come across door speakers like this, real head scratcher.

Can't you just wire each coil separately? If you have a 200w DVC sub, you wire 200w to it.... If you find out how much wattage you are getting and lets say it's 100w off the one speaker wire, that is one side. So you're getting 200w per channel, and you can then wire it 200w to each coil, and you would get 400w to the sub.

It's not a flaw, it's a way to use a really simple amp that pushes the same wattage to every channel, and lets you double the wattage to the sub.
Off the single pair it works, it’s just not as good as the standard speakers which are poor anyway. If I connect both pairs, and wire with the 2 pos and 1 neg that’s when I’ll get clipping/distorting bass and anything over 40% volume or so.

It’s very confusing! Lol at least I now know how to take the door card off a mclaren in less than 5mins and know exactly where all the bolts go. :)

Easy life would be to take it to someone and have them change lots, but I’m a tech guy who’s spent most of his life fiddling with things doing own car audio when I was younger etc, but I’ve never come across door speakers like this, real head scratcher.
LOL. I hear ya man. 🤣 I myself havent experienced with that type of speaker. as stated, you could use one coil/speaker wires and utilize one coil and have an option for more choices for aftermarket speakers.??

Off the single pair it works, it’s just not as good as the standard speakers which are poor anyway. If I connect both pairs, and wire with the 2 pos and 1 neg that’s when I’ll get clipping/distorting bass and anything over 40% volume or so.
yeah, you just created a lot of resistance. That advice to combine the negative on those 2 channels was wrong.

Last edited:
I would do some other research on the amplifier thats in there and see what its rated at and what the limitations are per ch as well to figure out what speakers you can utilize

I would do some other research on the amplifier thats in there and see what its rated at and what the limitations are per ch as well to figure out what speakers you can utilize
Maybe I’ll wait until winter when I won’t want to drive it and I can really start taking things apart for a longer period.

Ideally if I could just change the amp for a more known quantity, but from what I’ve seen it’s really limited on space and I’d want to keep everything as close to stock looking as possible.

Maybe I’ll wait until winter when I won’t want to drive it and I can really start taking things apart for a longer period.

Ideally if I could just change the amp for a more known quantity, but from what I’ve seen it’s really limited on space and I’d want to keep everything as close to stock looking as possible.
There are a few choices for mini amplifiers that are available that take up very little space with a bit more power than majority of stock amplifiers to look into. I think that one such as the Sound Digital Evo may be considered and the like that may be sold within your area?

Amazon product ASIN B08GNGP28Q

Its never justifiable to rush a clean install. Its best to do research for the proper speakers needed and wanted and amplifier to supply for the demand/ space utilized/given up for such.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...