Dumb Sub Question?

Yes. The brand named "AMERICAN Bass" is made in china. That's false advertising and reason enough for me to not support them.

Ridiculous. Assembled in America and Made in America are two different things. Both Sundown and Fi have a lot of Chinese parts on their subs. Prove me wrong. American Bass has never said that they were American Made or even American Assembled. This is an old and stupid argument. But there is a lot of Sundown sub owners out there looking for re-cone kits. Prove me wrong, please.

So is Sundown and Fi. Nice try though.
Why don't you read my posts before you reply to them? We've had this conversation before. I don't give a **** if something is made in china. I give a **** if something brands itself "American" and it is made in china. Same reason I won't ever buy American Racing wheels.

Why don't you read my posts before you reply to them? We've had this conversation before. I don't give a **** if something is made in china. I give a **** if something brands itself "American" and it is made in china. Same reason I won't ever buy American Racing wheels.

How about it's just an American owned company. Would you buy it if the company was named China Bass? American Bass has never once claimed to be made in America. You can decide what Fi, DD, and Sundown are trying to say for yourself. At least with AB you don't have to try and figure out which line is American and which one is Chinese.

How about it's just an American owned company. Would you buy it if the company was named China Bass? American Bass has never once claimed to be made in America. You can decide what Fi, DD, and Sundown are trying to say for yourself. At least with AB you don't have to try and figure out which line is American and which one is Chinese.

Why are so many people with Sundown subs looking for a re-cone kit?
Because chucklefucks on youtube and social media have convinced each other that Jacob uses some form of magical unicorn tears or fairy dust that allows Sundown subs to take double rated power. Also I don't think AB even sells parts or drop in kits.

I have run Rockford Fosgate P3's. If you are going for LOUD. Then NO, RF P3 is not the sub for you. But in the right enclosure, and I mean right well built and tuned enclosure, the Rockford P3 is a nice sub. To me they are more for an SQL type sub.

Because chucklefucks on youtube and social media have convinced each other that Jacob uses some form of magical unicorn tears or fairy dust that allows Sundown subs to take double rated power. Also I don't think AB even sells parts or drop in kits.

I see several people trying to run so much power on their subs, in general. Like way, way too much power. I would overpower on music by a certain bit, but there's definitely a phenomenon of people trying to apply wayyyy too much power for how they listen to their music. I see really high power levels while people are trying to score on music, but that's usually a short duration. I think it's definitely a phenomenon. Maybe it's related somewhat to the full bridge amp phenomenon, haha.

They sell them but you never hear of people looking for them or complaining that they blew their AB subs. Interesting how everybody shits on them but nobody complains about plowing them. All because of their name. The name of the company isn't American Made Bass. People are so petty.

Screenshot_20211203-131758_Chrome.jpg

They sell them but you never hear of people looking for them or complaining that they blew their AB subs. Interesting how everybody shits on them but nobody complains about plowing them. All because of their name. The name of the company isn't American Made Bass. People are so petty.

View attachment 34174
Pretty fair price for a 3" coil recone even.

I don't think many people trash on them I think they just jump on you about it.

Bob from American Bass is cool. They never post full specs for their woofers, so I've literally been calling him for a decade for the same specs lol. We used to be AB dealers, and dude, they always performed. I get the name is misleading, but AB is one of my absolute favorite budget brands. They get stupid loud. HD's? XFL's? SIGN ME UP.

But the truth was spoken. I drive by FI and see all of the "Made in China" pallets there. I've also used Sundown products that say "Made in China" right on them. I also know that a lot of the DD sub line is "Made in China". So talk all the BS you want. Do some research Metal plate head.

View attachment 34136

it is absolutely a rarity now a days to find a sub brand that doesn’t have any part of their line made in China. The main reason is profit. Subs that sell for 300-400 bucks can cost under $50 each with packaging and all. If one does blow one and you have to warranty it, you will still be way ahead in profit if you replace it. Burnt coils are almost always user error. Granted if a sub brand is rating their products wrong then of course that isn’t the case. Now other failures such as glue joints failing for example IMO are a manufacturer defect and this happens with Chinese made subs cause the adhesives they use ****. The Chinese made coils also aren’t very great either but if rated properly should hold up fine. I personally use precision econo wind for coils and I think anyone looking to build the best subs does as well. They will make them to spec from winding length, wire type, collar wrap, size, anything you can imagine it can be custom made right to you’re exact specs. I can say building subs in America (I do it) isn’t cheap to achieve cause no one is willing to do it for $10 bucks an hour. Years ago the battle for the budget started and many no longer wanted to believe you get what you pay for. Everyone started wanting the cheapest bang for the buck and many car audio items from subs to amps had to be made overseas in order to achieve that. I personally never minded spending my money on quality, but that’s just me. While I build subs one thing I don’t build is mids and tweeters. I refuse to get them made in China or use the pro audio crap! I went to what I feel is the best and that’s Norway and denmark.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...