Dumb Sub Question?

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Kentucky
Are the Sundown SA-10D4's a better sub than the RF Punch P3D4's?

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
I would run the sundowns over a RF P3 or I would look at the Gcon from SSA as well. I have a RFP3D2 and never was impressed with it compared to the sundown SD3 I ran. Heck even the old Pioneer Champion I ran sounded better then the RF ever did with the same power from a PPI 1000.1 Phantom.

Reactions: ThxOne

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Yes

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Kentucky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd run the sundowns
That seems to be the majority. They handle a little more rms and they look good. Should be a good swap into my box. I just need a lil more.... BOOM.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
That seems to be the majority. They handle a little more rms and they look good. Should be a good swap into my box. I just need a lil more.... BOOM.
I can help your subs go boom :geek:

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Kentucky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is there any reason not to get the American Bass XR-10D4 10's over the Sundown SA-10D4 10's? The American Bass are $40 cheaper.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Mar 27, 2019
nowhere
After seeing what a shit job AB did on the glue around the spider on the TnT's I bought never again will I buy a AB product. Sundown you know what you are getting with them with their warranties and how Jacob runs the company and will stand behind their products.

• Haha
Reactions: Buck and ThxOne

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
After seeing what a shit job AB did on the glue around the spider on the TnT's I bought never again will I buy a AB product. Sundown you know what you are getting with them with their warranties and how Jacob runs the company and will stand behind their products.
You beat me, lol. I'd say Sundown might beat AB in quality by some, that's probably where the price difference is.

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Orlando Area, FL
Is there any reason not to get the American Bass XR-10D4 10's over the Sundown SA-10D4 10's? The American Bass are $40 cheaper.
Don't forget about Soundqubed.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
You beat me, lol. I'd say Sundown might beat AB in quality by some, that's probably where the price difference is.
Why are so many people with Sundown subs looking for a re-cone kit? I've yet to see somebody ask for a re-cone kit for an AB XFL, HD, VFL, or Godfather sub. Just sayin!

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
Yes. The brand named "AMERICAN Bass" is made in china. That's false advertising and reason enough for me to not support them.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Why are so many people with Sundown subs looking for a re-cone kit? I've yet to see somebody ask for a re-cone kit for an AB XFL, HD, VFL, or Godfather sub. Just sayin!
Ive only blown one sundown sub in my life. I honestly don't even know how many I've owned at this point. If I had to ballpark guess I'd say 50.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Yes. The brand named "AMERICAN Bass" is made in china. That's false advertising and reason enough for me to not support them.
Ridiculous. Assembled in America and Made in America are two different things. Both Sundown and Fi have a lot of Chinese parts on their subs. Prove me wrong. American Bass has never said that they were American Made or even American Assembled. This is an old and stupid argument. But there is a lot of Sundown sub owners out there looking for re-cone kits. Prove me wrong, please.

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
So is Sundown and Fi. Nice try though.
Why don't you read my posts before you reply to them? We've had this conversation before. I don't give a shit if something is made in china. I give a shit if something brands itself "American" and it is made in china. Same reason I won't ever buy American Racing wheels.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Why don't you read my posts before you reply to them? We've had this conversation before. I don't give a shit if something is made in china. I give a shit if something brands itself "American" and it is made in china. Same reason I won't ever buy American Racing wheels.
How about it's just an American owned company. Would you buy it if the company was named China Bass? American Bass has never once claimed to be made in America. You can decide what Fi, DD, and Sundown are trying to say for yourself. At least with AB you don't have to try and figure out which line is American and which one is Chinese.

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
How about it's just an American owned company. Would you buy it if the company was named China Bass? American Bass has never once claimed to be made in America. You can decide what Fi, DD, and Sundown are trying to say for yourself. At least with AB you don't have to try and figure out which line is American and which one is Chinese.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Most posts - Past 30 days