Doing the "Big 4" what all should I fuse?

I dont have front batts, 14 runs of 3/0 and 4/0 , 8 are dedicated grounds to the front, no rear grounds, i only fuse the power runs as they enter my trunk to protect the length running back up front to the alts, no fusing from batts to amps. But thats just me.

I don't use any fuse. Almost all fuse blocks are cheap and almost all fuses are cheap. Poor connection causing more problems then good. I can't count how many times people pop their fuse from front to back and just running off their back battery reserve, after alittle bit their amps starts protecting from low voltage because the back battery bank gets drained because they didn't know a fuse popped. End result most likly ends up with dead batterys or blown up amps all because you used a fuse.

Just run your wires where they will not short out, zip tie then tight and you won't have any problems, I don't understand why get thick 0/1 Ofc wire and then put some little fuse in there to bottle neck the flow, no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have a point...

but i doubt the "bottleneck" from fuse would be noticeable especially for daily drivers running anywhere from 1krms to 3krms...

Also, better be safe than sorry man, not worth the damage if something happens... you never know...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.