Doing the "Big 4" what all should I fuse?

I have rarely seen a fused big 4. The only thin that would be fused would be from alternator to battery, the rest are ground usually. You might need 2 fuses, because both the battery and the alt produce power.

I've never use a fuse doing the big 3 or 4 before. Enough zip ties, if it comes lose, the wires have no ability to flop around.

You're adding a battery in back in addition to big 3 up front?... I just have one ANL on the 0 gauge from the front battery back (within 18" of front battery)... and in the rear (within 18" of rear battery) there is another on the same main wire from the front... they're really only in case of accident or short... I've never had one on the alternator charging lead as it is only 14" long in my current vehicle... but it can't hurt... this diagram is similar... not the equipment shown... LOL!

SXTTlWg.jpg

I hope this helps... I only know it as "Big 3" + rear battery... is that "Big 4"?.. BTW... I'm NOT fused between the rear battery and amps...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running 2 runs of 2/0 Welding cable from the front to the back 3 XS Power D3100 batteries. According to that fuse chart it says recommended size is 400 amp fuses. Would I be OK using a 300 amp fuse one each of my 2/0 runs?

I am running 2 runs of 2/0 Welding cable from the front to the back 3 XS Power D3100 batteries. According to that fuse chart it says recommended size is 400 amp fuses. Would I be OK using a 300 amp fuse one each of my 2/0 runs?
That should be fine, you won't pull much more from the front than what your alt is putting out

Fuse close to the batteries in the front and the rear

I have same thing, 3 batteries in back.

I have rarely seen a fused big 4. The only thin that would be fused would be from alternator to battery, the rest are ground usually. You might need 2 fuses, because both the battery and the alt produce power.
I've never use a fuse doing the big 3 or 4 before. Enough zip ties, if it comes lose, the wires have no ability to flop around.
This. Just did the big 3 on my Tahoe (from 2 to 1/0) and no fuses in between the wiring. Even tho I have read people say to do it...

Idk, hopefully that never happens! The truck is just sitting right now, I don't drive it. I bet that 4/0 would create a spark when it shorts out.
An inline fuse holder and a fuse are much cheaper than a trip to the ICU Burn Unit... or worse. There is no reason not to fuse it.
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.