System recommendations and amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seiferzero

I'm trying to set up the sound in my 1975 280z. I've got the head unit: a Pioneer MVH-X390BT with 22rms

And the speakers: a set of component Pioneer TS-D1330C 5.25 for the doors 180w max and 5-35w rms range

And in the rear: a set of Infinity reference 9633cf , 6x9s , 300w max , and 2-100w rms range.

I'd upload pictures but something is wrong with something and I can't.

Can someone suggest an amplifier? Or the right way to set my system up? I've read all kinds of different things about having an amp with 150% rms range of the speakers and sometimes less. There's a big difference between the rms requirements for the different speakers so would I run two different amps? The head unit provides 22rms and the door speakers ask for 5-35 so that seems alright but I also read somewhere that those particular speakers should be amped with something closer to the top or over their range because of the material being harder than normal speakers.

Any help appreciated!

well more power is just usually better, will give u more volume for sure.. however some speaker companys even say speaker can handle say 100watts each with hp xover set at 130 -140 or 150hz.. point is we use subwoofers and most amp the speakers so they can keep up with the bass and we use hp xover on speakers so they don't distort.. so if u get a sub then u can amp speakers too and use hp xover but if u don't have a sub and set hp xover at even 100hz u will have mo bass of any kind and if u don't use xover speakers will distort.. so get even a 10" in a sealed truck box or something (just so if can play freqs speakers can't) and a 5 channel amp u be good..

u can also use a 4 channel amp run 1-2 channel to your speakers (those channels will be at 2ohm stereo/ u won't be able to fade front to back like this all speakers get same power) then bridge other 2 channels to a subs like i said if u want super small box or didn't really want a sub anyway bridging channel 3-4 to 1 4ohm (or d2) sub with say 250rms to the sub will sound much better than just amping the mids.. here's a pretty good deal on 4 channel amp https://www.amazon.com/Orion-XTR500-4-Channel-Speakers-Amplifier/dp/B00009WC5Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1500921124&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=ORION+XTR+XTR900.1D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.