Do i need a new Alt or Seccond Battery?

93Exploder

Aug 11, 2013
Turlock Ca
I have a 1993 Ford Explorer, v6, with a skar 1500.1 soon to be powering a PSI PF2 18.

My factory Alt is only a 95 amp, so should I get a 250 amp alt or get a kinetic battery for the back?

SounDrive

www.soundrive.audio
Pro Seller
Apr 10, 2013
Lebanon, TN
If you get the 250 amp alt you won't see any voltage drop and should be good. You'll still drop to low 13s or high 12s with a battery. Alts make the power you need, batteries just store it.

But I would recommend an AGM under the hood first if you haven't done so yet

Nutdawg651

CarAudio.com Elite
May 31, 2013
There both correct dont do it you be sorry , or you can keep the starter and add a batt to the back with a run of pos/neg either 2 or 0 gauge fused at both ends of the pos , but if you just put the agm up front itll work too

OP
93Exploder

93Exploder

Aug 11, 2013
Turlock Ca
So should I go with the Alt first?and then go from there? Or start out with like a xs 3100? can only buy one or the other at this point, being a college student i dont just have $$$ to blow. lol.

shauncox26

CarAudio.com Elite
May 30, 2013
oxford ms
My voltage drop stopped when i installed my singer alt. I had agm up front and in back. I was running a rf t1500bdcp. I recommend singer alts never had a problem and never seen a bad review. Well except that guy who changed out the pulley Mike sent for the stock one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Latest classifieds