4 chan amp bridged to drive 4 ohm sub

just got a pioneer GM-6500F 4 channel amp, and a pioneer ts-w1041c sub, if i try to bridge the amp shuts down on hard hits... why?
It's probably clipping and you're sending it in to protect. You also may need to re check all of your grounds.

bump, i didnt mention that its runnning of an inverter out of the wall.. i hope thats the problem..
Probably is the issue, depending on how many amps the power supply can deliver.

Probably is the issue, depending on how many amps the power supply can deliver.

its just turns 110 into 12v

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Yeah either runs out of current, or the sub has a toasty coil reading very low impedance
sub works with a older alpine 4 channel..

Different amps have different tolerances to lower then rated impedance. Regardless, the power supply is more likely to be the culprit. What's the current output on the 12v+ line on the power supply? Do you have any load connected to the 5v line or just amp on the 12v and nothing else?

Need to know how many AMP's the power supply can produce.You might not be proving enough A's to it

Our power supplies at school can not provide enough amps to run that much power. Find out how many Amps your pulling by taking your power (watts) divide by your voltage Current= Power/ voltage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.