Different ohms on subwoofers.

If you bridge it to get 400 watts, you have to keep the load at 4 ohms or higher.
Running a 2 ohm load to each channel will give you...400wats.

Which 400 watts would you prefer? (Hint: the un-bridged 400 watss is your better bet)
Will I have 400 watts rms at each channel?

He has 1 DVC 2 ohm sub and 1 DVC 4 ohm sub.....are you retarded
Reread his posts before you toss the insults. Both subs are the same model and make. They are Kicker DVC 12s. The Kicker DVC 12 is a dual voicecoil sub with each voicecoil specced at 4 ohms.
You can't have two of the same sub, one that has 4 ohm voicecoils and one that has 1 ohm voiceoils.

Reread his posts before you toss the insults. Both subs are the same model and make. They are Kicker DVC 12s. The Kicker DVC 12 is a dual voicecoil sub with each voicecoil specced at 4 ohms.
You can't have two of the same sub, one that has 4 ohm voicecoils and one that has 1 ohm voiceoils.
Both are comp r 12s both are dual voice coils. One sub is 4 ohms the other is 2 ohms. This is how I got it from the guy. They are the same sub. Different ohms. This is my issue

Rob, take a look at the pictures. One subwoofer is a dvc 4 ohm and the other is a dvc 2 ohm. Yes, kicker builds the Comp r in both dvc2 and dvc4 ohm models.

So are they the same brand and model, or are they different?
It can't be both. I asked for this clarification very early in the thread for a reason.

OK. SO they are two different subs. I asked this specifically to avoid confusion for you as a neo, and for the people here trying to help you.

Last edited:
My advice was based on you having the same model subs, which you do not.
Forget about trying to solve the imbalance by bridging. The only way you're going to get the same impedance load of 4 ohms at each channel is by a hybrid wiring scheme of running the 2 Ohm sub as series, and then paralleling that with one v.c. of the 4 ohm sub to get 2 ohms. You run that to the "left" channel on the amp, then run the other v.c. at 4 ohms to the "right" channel.

The problem is they will both see the same impedance, but a very different actual load on each channel. Might work, might sound like ****.
If you want to experiment, I can show you the diagram.

The other options are to parallel one v.c. from each sub with the other as I think was previously described.
It will drop the impedance very low, but not a problem at moderate volumes. Crank it up, and you could toast the amp.
OR
Run one voice coil from each sub in series with the other. You'll get 6 ohms impedance. This will reduce you power output a bit, but you'll run less risk of toasting your amp.

ETA - None of these options are ideal b/c of the mismatch in models of subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...