Different ohms on subwoofers.

Should I wire the 4omh to two ohm run that to its own channel. Then run the two ohm parallel to its own channel so they are both at 2 ohms or wire the two ohm to 4 ohm in series so it’s 4 ohms at the amp just like the other one. Ideally I’d like to wire them together to the box terminals and get rid of the second wire so I can bridge the two good channels at my amp. But sounds like I can’t do that.

Should I wire the 4omh to two ohm run that to its own channel. Then run the two ohm parallel to its own channel so they are both at 2 ohms or wire the two ohm to 4 ohm in series so it’s 4 ohms at the amp just like the other one. Ideally I’d like to wire them together to the box terminals and get rid of the second wire so I can bridge the two good channels at my amp. But sounds like I can’t do that.
For consistency, I would go the 6 ohm route. I'm guessing you can't afford to be risking a toasted amplifier by experimenting. Diagram coming shortly.

17D97632-ACCF-46E3-B4F7-7E11D78AC052.jpeg

6 ohms is the least risk. I left the wires out of the picture for clarity. You would wire them the same as the ones shown.
****, man I’m sorry. I’m still confused. I see the bridge wire in the middle. The two wires going straight out to the +&— symbol what are those for? Can you finish the 6 ohm diagram?

****, man I’m sorry. I’m still confused. I see the bridge wire in the middle. The two wires going straight out to the +&— symbol what are those for? Can you finish the 6 ohm diagram?
You would bridge a positive and negative from the "outside" coils, just like is shown in the diagram, then run one wire from the remaining empty positive to your amp, then a wire from the remaining empty negative to your amp.

You would bridge a positive and negative from the "outside" coils, just like is shown in the diagram, then run one wire from the remaining empty positive to your amp, then a wire from the remaining empty negative to your amp.
So the coils are fully connected in the middle? Neg pos to neg pos?

How much power am I going to loose? cause my amp is a 2-4 ohm amp.
The power you lose will be offset by the reduced risk of making the magic smoke come out of the amp for a second time.
If that amp is truly as powerful as they say, and the box is built properly, you should get it to deafening levels just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...