Different ohms on subwoofers.

On the 2 Ohms sub, connect the positive of one coil to the negative of the other coil. Connect the remaining terminals to the amp. On the 4 Ohms sub, connect the coil 1 positive to the coil 2 positive and the coil 1 negative to the coil 2 negative. Then connect to the amp. Pos to pos, neg to neg. You should have a 1.3 Ohms total resistance.

I meant I want to run these series parallel and run it bridged between two channels. Did you tell me to wire it as if I was running two channels? That guy I bought it from had them wired separately one wired to the box terminals and the other with a cord coming out the side. I want to wire them both back to the factory box terminals and plug that hole on the side

Can you clarify the question? "Bridged on two channels" is a curveball.
Are you running your amp in 2-channel mode, or do you have a stereo amp you are bridging to run mono?

Also, what do you mean you have two subs and one is 4ohm and the other is 2ohm? Aren't the Kicker DVCs a dual voice coil sub with each voice coil at 4 ohms to start?

I can diagram what you'll need to do it you can clarify the info.

50E04402-5BD3-4EBD-8295-22D2A1A81947.jpeg
B291F31F-0FDD-4122-9CC0-B19AC9612F3A.jpeg
53F61138-5AC4-49F1-BBE8-F403D3760B57.jpeg

They are the same brand and model. Just different ohms one is 4 the other is 2
it doesn't work that way if you are running them as a "single" sub per amp channel.
Each v/c is 4 ohms. If you parallel wire the v/c on the sub, you get 2 ohms; if you series wire it you get 8 ohms.

What amp do you have, and how do you want to run the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...