2 different alpine subs...

Trey Naquin

CarAudio.com Newbie
I wasnt paying attention and accidentally bought an alpine s and alpine s2. I'm wondering if I would have any problems if I wired them to the same amp with them being slightly different subs. Both of them are dvc 4ohm. Both are rated for 600w rms and 1800w peak. They're both 12 in subs and will be wired to 1ohm. The only difference is the older model has about a 1in deeper mount depth. I'm probably gonna buy another s2 but in the mean time will having them together burn anything up or cause any problems? Thanks for any input.

Specs are almost identical, but the cones are different. one is fiber reinforced pulp, the other is reinforced or impregnated PPL. Honestly, not likely they will sound a lot different, they have the same enclosure requirements. Still, be faithful to the vendor. If you're going to return it, don;t hook it up. It's not like they sent you the wrong subs, right? You can wait and do it right by the build and the vendor.

Specs are almost identical, but the cones are different. one is fiber reinforced pulp, the other is reinforced or impregnated PPL. Honestly, not likely they will sound a lot different, they have the same enclosure requirements. Still, be faithful to the vendor. If you're going to return it, don;t hook it up. It's not like they sent you the wrong subs, right? You can wait and do it right by the build and the

Specs are almost identical, but the cones are different. one is fiber reinforced pulp, the other is reinforced or impregnated PPL. Honestly, not likely they will sound a lot different, they have the same enclosure requirements. Still, be faithful to the vendor. If you're going to return it, don;t hook it up. It's not like they sent you the wrong subs, right? You can wait and do it right by the build and the vendor.
I can't return it anyway one was bought off ebay. It was cheap and it's in great condition I was just in a hurry at work and didn't notice I bought 2 different subs. I'll probably just buy the newer one and put the old one in my wife's car so it's not like it won't be used. I figured the specs were close enough it shouldn't matter if I put them together for now just wanted to make sure from someone with more experience in this than me. Thanks for your response you answered exactly what I needed to know.

I can't return it anyway one was bought off ebay. It was cheap and it's in great condition I was just in a hurry at work and didn't notice I bought 2 different subs. I'll probably just buy the newer one and put the old one in my wife's car so it's not like it won't be used. I figured the specs were close enough it shouldn't matter if I put them together for now just wanted to make sure from someone with more experience in this than me. Thanks for your response you answered exactly what I needed to know.
Awesome, good to know. The cool thing is, they both utilize the same enclosure, win/win!

Will be fine. Its mostly cosmetic, but id go with a matching fiber coned pair myself. Just place them in the proper tuned enclosure and some power and should sound great. Not a whole lot will be noticed between the two you have other than appearance really and depth mostly.

As long as you don't overpower them, there is no danger of harming your gear, once you get a new sub so they are both the same, you will likely notice a change in the sound, could be for the better or worse depending on the acoustics of your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...