4 channel running different ohms, safe or waiting for disaster?

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
Silly question here. If I decided to run 4ohm tweeters off channels 1-2 then ran 2ohm mids off 3-4... will the amp even care? Since ohm loads change constantly while music is playing this shouldn't affect anything right? Or am I missing something? I ask because I don't care so much for the way these CDT tweeters (2ohm) sound and I may run my Image Dynamics or my DD tweeters. Both are 4ohm sets. My CDT mids are dual 4ohm voicecoils so... 2 ohms. All actively ran of course.

The amplifier shouldn’t care. On most 4 channels, the only thing shared between all 4 channels is the power supply. 1 & 2 are otherwise completely separate from 3&4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

What vehicle? Whats the Budget? Maybe a single amplifier such as a 5 ch? Or room for a decent 4 ch and sub amp?Willing to change the existing HU...
Okay, I'll bite. If you're going to get rear speakers, get the same ones (model type, doesn't have to be the same size) that you have up front...
I would keep the amp you have and keep the components. Place the components in some universal door pods, and look at getting a powered SAS 8"...
Oh man, that's like s3x with your mother in an elevator, wrong on every level!

About this thread

ThxOne

Premium Member
The Boss
ThxOne
The United States of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date