Different ohms on subwoofers.

OK. With only 2 channels to work with, you can parallel wire each one like in the picture with the blue wires, then run one sub to one channel of the amp, and one sub to the other channel.
This will give an approximate 2 ohm load at each channel.

LMK if a diagram would help.

Last edited:
so their is no possible way to wire these series parallel? I’ll just have to run two channels like how the guy had them?
You could parrallel each sub to 8 ohms, then run them in series to make 4 ohms so that you can run the amp bridged. But...there is no benefit to doing that.
Just run them at 2 ohms each and use the amp as a stereo amp.
Same net effect.

There is likely a good reason the channels are toasted from the previous owner...

These are the specs for my amp. I’ve only got two working channels. If I ran both channels I’d think I’d get less power then running it bridged

Attachments

• 51E94F11-40F5-45DD-B556-E4FD3DA1EF75.png
    51E94F11-40F5-45DD-B556-E4FD3DA1EF75.png
    130 KB · Views: 10
How do you wire a 2ohm DVC to 2 ohms?
You don't. Each voicecoil in these subs is 4 ohms per the Kicker specs.
If you wire 2 4ohm voicecoils in parallel, you get 2 ohms. If you wire them in series you get 8 ohms.
There's no other possibility with just 2 4 ohm coils if you need to connect them to a single amp channel.

You don't. Each voicecoil in these subs is 4 ohms per the Kicker specs.
If you wire 2 4ohm voicecoils in parallel, you get 2 ohms. If you wire them in series you get 8 ohms.
There's no other possibility with just 2 4 ohm coils if you need to connect them to a single amp channel.
He has 1 DVC 2 ohm sub and 1 DVC 4 ohm sub.....are you retarded

These are the specs for my amp. I’ve only got two working channels. If I ran both channels I’d think I’d get less power then running it bridged
If you bridge it to get 400 watts, you have to keep the load at 4 ohms or higher.
Running a 2 ohm load to each channel will give you...400wats.

Which 400 watts would you prefer? (Hint: the un-bridged 400 watss is your better bet)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...