Deadening hood?

I saw posts from years ago talking about a Second Skin hoodliner and checked their site but it appears they no longer sell it. When I asked them about deadening the hood, they responded with what seems to be the standard Dodge of "Yes, our customers find the heat is greatly reduced with our product."

I don't care about heat. ...I don't think.

Is deadening a hood to reduce road noise an acceptable option? If so, what's a good product(s) to go with?

I saw posts from years ago talking about a Second Skin hoodliner and checked their site but it appears they no longer sell it. When I asked them about deadening the hood, they responded with what seems to be the standard Dodge of "Yes, our customers find the heat is greatly reduced with our product."
I don't care about heat. ...I don't think.

Is deadening a hood to reduce road noise an acceptable option? If so, what's a good product(s) to go with?
Deadening the hood would reduce engine noise but id only do that if you have a very loud engine. If you do though, id definitely be careful of what deadener you use, Im pretty sure most deadener isnt built for that kind of heat.

To reduce roadnoise, you want to essentially build a shell(doors, quarter panels, inside firewall,ect) around yourself of MLV.

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/content/understanding-vehicle-noise

products to go with.

Sounddeadener showdown has the best stuff around(its been proved)

Second skin/ Raamat are second

I didn't think I said I "needed" to. Just curious if it was worthwhile and what to use. At some point, I might actually hit the end of my project list ... but this is fun so I figure if there's more that can be done (and it's not a complete waste of funds or time), why not?

I didn't think I said I "needed" to. Just curious if it was worthwhile and what to use. At some point, I might actually hit the end of my project list ... but this is fun so I figure if there's more that can be done (and it's not a complete waste of funds or time), why not?
Did you even look at the link that someone else posted for you? Very simple test there to see if doing the hood will be worthwhile for you.

Im a new guy, I dont know much about sound deadening as far as car stereo goes. But it do know its a nice mod. A good hood deadener, with a layer of quality insulation can make a car nicer and will protect the paint. Kinda of the "man you cant even hear that engine running" or "that thing runs smooth" type of deal. Go find somebody with a nice expensive car, have the engine running, and then open the hood. Im gonna do it to my Durango, although my current hoodliner is also falling apart. For me the most important thing is protecting the underside of the layer of paint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.