Headliner deadening?

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
So, the front of my headliner in my ram really gets after it when I am pushing the subs. It's the plastic up there by the windshield. How do I deaden it? Simple question but I really don't wanna have to try and pull the whole headliner!!!! Thanks

So, the front of my headliner in my ram really gets after it when I am pushing the subs. It's the plastic up there by the windshield. How do I deaden it? Simple question but I really don't wanna have to try and pull the whole headliner!!!! Thanks
I stuck pieces of 1/8 neoprene stripping along the front of mine...it's a hillbilly fix if you don't feel taking the headliner down...it's not noticeable in my vue unless your looking for it

What year and cab style of a ram? I know 4th gens the windshield has to come out to pull the headliner.
Mine is a saturn vue...I literally used a small flathead to pry up and stick those pices of stripping along the plastic front lip that was rattling

Last edited:
I used Popsicle sticks in the past from a hobby store and Gorilla Glue two part Clear Epoxy. Let it set for 24 Hrs and worked just fine up to 4k sub stage. when I got to 6k-10k I had pull the Head liner down and did 3 layers of 80 mill. and 1x2 braces. Still need finish up with prob 1/2" Ply. I had to Break Out a Roto-Zip to remove that section I used the Epoxy on

It's a 2017 Ram 1500 crew. I guess I will have to figure a homage remedy out. I love the truck but man they are not conducive to big stereos!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...