Need help with sound deadening and sound proofing

Yes but that doesn't help if someone isn't logged into facebook or doesn't have an account just yet. I know all that already. IT Tech and building my own computers since 1985. You used to be able to direct link to any fb page or group on here but since the software updates for the forum software you can't anymore. That is what I was trying to link not a link in case someone doesn't have an account which many do not.

Last edited:
Yes but that doesn't help if someone isn't logged into facebook or doesn't have an account just yet. I know all that already. IT Tech and building my own computers since 1985. You used to be able to direct link to any fb page or group on here but since the software updates for the forum software you can't anymore. That is what I was trying to link not a link in case someone doesn't have an account which many do not.
What? There are people who don't have a FB account? Communist!

No Way Wow GIF

Last edited:
Per information discovered in that particular face book group I will likely be starting out in my Ford Excursion by removing the headliner to glue 3/4” MDF or Plywood to the roof with each panel getting full coverage with a construction adhesive. Then I will reinstall the headliner. That is my starting point. I just hope that the headliner will go back on properly after adding the 3/4” ply.

After that I will be treating the floor by using some additional 3/4” plywood fully glued down with some Resonix fiber mat 25 or 45 over the ply. My floor is 75sq/ft if not more so this should be a good way to go.

Doors will come later on once I get ready for my speakers. I plan to go ahead and install the amps and wiring when I do the floor but just leave them disconnected.

I don't do Facebook
If I wanted to enter a popularity contest I'd go back to High School
I quit fb years ago...got tired of people talking about what kind of sammich they were eating while dropping duece 🤣

I have my wife post stuff I wanna sell on marketplace though 😳

Last edited:
Per information discovered in that particular face book group I will likely be starting out in my Ford Excursion by removing the headliner to glue 3/4” MDF or Plywood to the roof with each panel getting full coverage with a construction adhesive. Then I will reinstall the headliner. That is my starting point. I just hope that the headliner will go back on properly after adding the 3/4” ply.

After that I will be treating the floor by using some additional 3/4” plywood fully glued down with some Resonix fiber mat 25 or 45 over the ply. My floor is 75sq/ft if not more so this should be a good way to go.

Doors will come later on once I get ready for my speakers. I plan to go ahead and install the amps and wiring when I do the floor but just leave them disconnected.
I’m very far from a car audio expert; one only has to see my recent posts around here to know that. I am, however, pretty knowledgeable on cars and physics. I’ve restored and rebuilt quite a few vehicles.

If you put something as thick as 3/4” mdf on your roof and floor, your carpet and headliner will not go back on the same. They are pretty tightly molded in most modern vehicles. You may be able to put it where the inner skin of sheet metal recesses towards the outer skin of sheet metal. Another issue would be mdf being outside of the insulated envelope. It may absorb condensation over time and swell or be subject to microbial growth.

The biggest downside for someone like me, is the increased COG putting something as heavy as mdf up on the roof. Although, people are putting 400lb roof top tents on just about everything now, so that may not matter to you.

I too, am a newb to sound deadening and don’t have facebook account, so I can’t see what the gentleman on that page is talking about with the mdf, only what I can picture in my head…

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...