Prepping for sound deadening

I already ordered a set of metal rollers with ball bearings.

Rollaz
Amazon product ASIN B0C28CQXDZ
DYNAMAT TOOLS.jpg

My install tools. Just a small, 4" x 2" x 1/2" piece of scrap wood. When you have big flat areas, the roller pushes down the larger areas quicker. The wood gets into the curves better.

Seems to be of good quality. But what do I know. Never messed with this stuff. I know it's not asphalt based. No smell. Bout 1/8" or so.

View attachment 55224View attachment 55225

I used that stuff for my cars. I like it because it's thinner (2mm vs 4mm) so it's lighter. I'm not using it for more DB's, so I don't need the thicker stuff. I'm just using it to control vibrations. In areas where you do want it thicker, you can just double it up.

While it is pretty sticky, the 50ml maybe, the 80ml, meh... but that 120ml, needs to warmed up. I heat all of it and get the metal surface clean with denatured alcohol. I use the 50 mil on plastic pieces where the tolerance is very tight, the 80ml where it is hard to reach and the 120ml everywhere I can. There is prolly a caveat like, as long as you do it in the sun, on a 75 degree day. :ROFLMAO:

The price is right. I'd probably go with the 3b set. That looks like the best wideband driver to me. The 4b set looks good too, but the 3b has a slightly more sensitive wideband.
What do you guys think of the CDT monthly special on wide band systems?

If you're going active in front, then no need to buy comps with crossovers, just paying for items you won't use.

I'm running a similar Front active, rear passive as you I thought you will be doing.

Front:

2x ES-1200iS - $114.99
2x HD-M6 - $299.99

Rear

2x HD-6KEiX1 - $134.99

Total $549.97

You could use the same rears

2x HD-6KEiX1 - $134.99

But for the fronts, maybe the stevens that are on sale $99.99 a pair (which I may do too)

These for the Front midbass $134.99

Total: $369.97

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...