Deadening

2023 LTZ

CarAudio.com Exclusive
USA
I’ve acquired some deadener. Started by removing all that carpet stuff from the trunk and rear seat, carpet insulation and deck card. Cleaned the bit of debris from the areas I’m deadening. Trunk and floor leading to under the rear seat. The local shop wants $100/hr to do stuff like make a custom box. Did the front doors abd believe it’s making a difference. Got the rear wheel wells and an area that’d be directly behind the rear seat back and already the difference is notable. Will definitely have to retune eq settings. Having a box made and tuned to 32 or so. Putting in an rca level controll for the subbers. Too boomy sometimes and definitely like to crank er other times.
It’s in an old body style impala.
1600+ going to the matching 800w 2 ohm wired subs.
This is a great moment in the hobby.

Maybe mine wasn’t that dirty but I used a window cleaner moistened hand towel to wipe dust off surfaces to be deadened.
It’s been mild 65-75 and the dynamat contours and stretches pretty well. I did a lot of pre fitting. Still looks like a toddler w a safety scissor did the work.
Not bad for under carpet.

Maybe mine wasn’t that dirty but I used a window cleaner moistened hand towel to wipe dust off surfaces to be deadened.
It’s been mild 65-75 and the dynamat contours and stretches pretty well. I did a lot of pre fitting. Still looks like a toddler w a safety scissor did the work.
Not bad for under carpet.
Ive done 4 layers of 80 mill in approx 80% of my truck. Ive got 2 layers elsewhere, but will do 4 total for the entire vehicle by next summer, It even helps with keeping the heat in during the winter and the A/c cool in the summer time much better as well. Deff worth putting in if you plan on keeping the vehicle.I didnt go with Large pieces either. Time consuming , but well worth the effort

Elemental design used to sell this, I wanns say, 100m stuff in rolls called e-dead, did one of my builds years back with it -that stuff was the bomb! I always clean the surfaces (well almost always) but regardless, the e-dead went on so nice, smoothed out really nice, easy to poke and burp and NEVER peeled away once rolled on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...