Prepping for sound deadening

I really would like to have tweeters that will fit the existing 'pods'. I snagged these extra ones at the salvage yard for experimental purposes to make sure I get things right. I think if I cut a hole in the grille then I can insert a 1" with no issues.

View attachment 55440View attachment 55441
As long as the depth clears, good to go. I did exactly the same thing. Nice thing is, even if you have to make a 1/5, 1/2 or 3/4 riser, easy peasy!

My trunk is in bad shape cleanliness wise, and needs to be thoroughly cleaned to be ready for butyl installation. I have heard to use denatured alcohol. Is there any reason isopropyl would not be ok? I had originally planned to use hot water and dish liquid to do the initial cleaning getting all heavy grime out. Then use whatever needed to allow for it to stick well.

Is this absolutely necessary or does that stuff stick well to a i
I disagree with most. That **** is very sticky and only needs a quick wipe with isopropyl, assuming you aren't trying to adhere it to carpet or a dirt floor or something stupid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...