DC Audio Level 6 18" single enclosure box, design help

Hello can someone help me to design a enclosure for a single DC Audio Level 6 18" going into Integra hatchback

What would you guys recommend, I have build a box enclosure already 6.8 cubic feet, tune at 33 hertz, but I'm not happy with it, the manufacturer recommend 5.5 cube feet , I have the subwoofer facing up, the port facing back,

Just like to get the most of it, daily music,

Please help, thanks in advance

How did you do the port? 6.8 cubes at 33 hertz should hit pretty good on that level 6. What kind of amp? How is it wired up? Just doesn't seem right. This thing should be rattling your teeth.

Make sure you have enough room for the port to breath. Have you contacted Rusty from DC audio via email to hear his opinion yet?
Are you looking for flat response, more lows or louder?
No I haven't contact anybody, I figured i get some help, advice here, but how do I contact him

How did you do the port? 6.8 cubes at 33 hertz should hit pretty good on that level 6. What kind of amp? How is it wired up? Just doesn't seem right. This thing should be rattling your teeth.
I have 2 Brutus brx2400.1d linked together at 2 ohms load

My DC Audio Level 6 sub is 1 ohm I wire it at 2 ohms

The port is 4"wide by 16" high by 16.6 long

I'm planning on getting a crecendo bc5500d, it hits hard but not too hard I seen this subs on YouTube videos I think mine is not there, also it sounds like is not hitting lows, I think is the box that I built I'm not happy, that's why I'm asking for support, thanks

Is there someone here that makes enclosure box for this DC Audio Level 6 sub, i would like to make another box with your help, just help me design it, I'll build it if I can't make it work, then I just buy it from somebody here, I don't mind trying, it's a hobby for me and I have fun doing it, so if someone wants to help me design it, I'll appreciate, thanks

That's nice! It looks like top fire is the way to go for these cars, instead of rear fire, would you say? It looks like there's more room that way, cause these cars get smaller torwards the tail. Thanks for posting pics. I have the same car, and am trying to figure out what can be done with the space back there, with the rear seats up.

That's nice! It looks like top fire is the way to go for these cars, instead of rear fire, would you say? It looks like there's more room that way, cause these cars get smaller torwards the tail. Thanks for posting pics. I have the same car, and am trying to figure out what can be done with the space back there, with the rear seats up.
Use aero ports

Hello can someone help me to design a enclosure for a single DC Audio Level 6 18" going into Integra hatchback What would you guys recommend, I have build a box enclosure already 6.8 cubic feet, tune at 33 hertz, but I'm not happy with it, the manufacturer recommend 5.5 cube feet , I have the subwoofer facing up, the port facing back,

Just like to get the most of it, daily music,

Please help, thanks in advance
i have the Dc XL 18 M1 and im running it in 5-5.2 cubes net with a single 8" aeroport. Its suprisingly musical in that size of a enclosure. I need to give it more power

No I haven't contact anybody, I figured i get some help, advice here, but how do I contact him
you can contact them at (855) 775-3299

or facebook em at https://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Audio/184739408307595

They would love to see you get it right and post a vid/pics on their facebook of a single level 6 in action..

I'd say your main problem lies with the hifonics amps. If you have it in a smaller enclosure, it'll basically be even weaker then before with less lows.

you can contact them at (855) 775-3299
or facebook em at https://www.facebook.com/pages/DC-Audio/184739408307595

They would love to see you get it right and post a vid/pics on their facebook of a single level 6 in action..

I'd say your main problem lies with the hifonics amps. If you have it in a smaller enclosure, it'll basically be even weaker then before with less lows.
I just talked to DC Audio tech support, I was told that my box is too big my sub is not performing good because of the box, they recommend to put the sub in 5.5 cube feet, or even 5.0 with a bigger port 6" instead of 4 tune it at 35hz for my preference, I'll build a new box tomorrow, 5.5 cube feet, port 6 inches wide, see how It does, I'm saving money to buy my crecendo bc5500d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.