DC Audio Level 6 18" single enclosure box, design help

Problem is your port is to far away from the rear hatch

I was told to have some clearance for the port,

Thanks for sharing the video that's some serious flexing, did he said in the video that he has 2 alternators in the teggy?

That's nice! It looks like top fire is the way to go for these cars, instead of rear fire, would you say? It looks like there's more room that way, cause these cars get smaller torwards the tail. Thanks for posting pics. I have the same car, and am trying to figure out what can be done with the space back there, with the rear seats up.
I was gonna get 2 DC Audio XL 15 but I didn't have enough room for the box in the back of my teggy so I was thinking of putting the box on the rear seat, cuz there's more room, after a research got my level 6 18" put the box in the trunk, I still have the rear seat, just need to get it right,

I just talked to DC Audio tech support, I was told that my box is too big my sub is not performing good because of the box, they recommend to put the sub in 5.5 cube feet, or even 5.0 with a bigger port 6" instead of 4 tune it at 35hz for my preference, I'll build a new box tomorrow, 5.5 cube feet, port 6 inches wide, see how It does, I'm saving money to buy my crecendo bc5500d
The difference between 5 cube and 6.5 cube isn't going to be that dramatic. More likely experimenting with orientation of the sub/port/box will do more for you than fiddling with the size and tuning. Unfortunately to make that sub play flat you'd need to have an impractically small box, so you're going to have to deal with a peak at tuning pretty much whatever you do unless you just don't care about max output.

The difference between 5 cube and 6.5 cube isn't going to be that dramatic. More likely experimenting with orientation of the sub/port/box will do more for you than fiddling with the size and tuning. Unfortunately to make that sub play flat you'd need to have an impractically small box, so you're going to have to deal with a peak at tuning pretty much whatever you do unless you just don't care about max output.
i was told that because my sub is not in the right box due to the box being too big,or not tune right,my amps sees a high ohm load higher than 2 ohms,therefore my amps are not outputting 4800 watts,yes i care about max output,sq as well,i'll build a new box tomorrow 5.5 cube tune at 35 hertz slot port 6"wide,see how it does,i like this hubby learning new things,i'm looking for some sq and spl as well , what do you guys think

i was told that because my sub is not in the right box due to the box being too big,or not tune right,my amps sees a high ohm load higher than 2 ohms,therefore my amps are not outputting 4800 watts,yes i care about max output,sq as well,i'll build a new box tomorrow 5.5 cube tune at 35 hertz slot port 6"wide,see how it does,i like this hubby learning new things,i'm looking for some sq and spl as well , what do you guys think
So you plan to play music or just one tone? In truth, no matter what you do your amp will very likely never put out max power while playing music. I can't believe someone in the industry actually told you that. It's virtually pure, 24k ********.

Build the new box and you might get lucky. If you enjoy making boxes you don't lose more than 50$ worth of wood. Take some pictures as you go and post up here.

generally with a bigger box, you'll see more rise but with a big box you'll have more efficiency. DC level 6's have really stiff spiders so it might just need a lot more power to get them moving. Once the suspensions loosen up playing overtime, you'll get a little bit more output from it.

So you plan to play music or just one tone? In truth, no matter what you do your amp will very likely never put out max power while playing music. I can't believe someone in the industry actually told you that. It's virtually pure, 24k ********.
Build the new box and you might get lucky. If you enjoy making boxes you don't lose more than 50$ worth of wood. Take some pictures as you go and post up here.
I'm getting my crecendo bc5500d around March, this is all I have right now, I'm just building my new box right now it's a little bit cold, but the cold weather is not gonna stop me, lol

This is the reason I hated using DC subs. They won't hold up in efficient boxes because the suspension is crap. You have to put them in small boxes with a ton of power than they go thermal.

Build the new box and you might get lucky. If you enjoy making boxes you don't lose more than 50$ worth of wood. Take some pictures as you go and post up here.[/quote

Let the fun begin

This is the reason I hated using DC subs. They won't hold up in efficient boxes because the suspension is crap. You have to put them in small boxes with a ton of power than they go thermal.
We got about 10 inches of snow today. I assure you Miami is not cold ever.

Anyway if you like building boxes you will learn a lot by experimenting and have fun in the process. I'll be around Ocala for a couple months so if you see any car shows in central Florida hit me up. I'd like to see what you wind up with.

I have seen this also with their products. Recones are awful expensive and take forever to deliver as well. lv 6 is a good platform but if I owned a motor I would be looking to source soft parts elsewhere.

We got about 10 inches of snow today. I assure you Miami is not cold ever.
Anyway if you like building boxes you will learn a lot by experimenting and have fun in the process. I'll be around Ocala for a couple months so if you see any car shows in central Florida hit me up. I'd like to see what you wind up with.
I live in Chicago, it's about 29 degrees I just cut the all the good came inside the house to put the box together, finally done still have to cut the hole for the sub and a paint it I'll do that tomorrow, I have to get ready for work at 3am

Done I just tested the new box, it sounds better, 5.5 cube feet, tune at 35hz, my I get more lows and sounds cleaner,

Much better, but same power output, my 2 Brutus brx2400.1d, doesn't have the juice to power this monster, I don't think I'm getting 4800 watts out of my amps, they don't get warm, I play music for 1 hour they were cold, like they aren't even working, my volts drops from 14.7.to 14.1at peak, when I had the 2 amps separate, 1was driving 2cvx 15"1000 watts each at 1 ohm load, the other amp was driving a power acoustik mofo 15" 1700 watts at 2 ohm load, and they were drawing more energy, my volts were dropping to 12.7,something is not right, I don't know how to clamp the amps, but I think they are outputting like 2500 watts they supposed the be outputting 4800 watts,

Has anybody linked 2 Brutus brx2400.1d, so I can get some advice,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.