Daisy chain front and rear speakers, or connect at the Amp?

NatoXemus

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm adding aftermarket rear speakers to a 4 channel amp, sub (mono bridged), and 2 front door speakers.

My question is, is it safe to chain the front and rear speakers - so rear positive to front positive, rear negative to front negative, front pos/neg to amp channels?
Or should I just play it safe and connect the rear speakers in parallel at the Amp?

I'd rather the former, as I really CBA to unmanage my cabling -.-

Bridging f/r door speakers isn't half ass.

Not all use the fader or have an unlimited budget.

I don't know what "bare minimum" is. The amp has pretty good power at 4ohm. At two ohms, it should be more. And, if the a crossover is being used at the amp, it takes considerably less power to power a mid/tweet than a subwoofer. My 500w sub amp matches my 50w door speakers amp just fine. So, I don't see "bare minimum".

The quality of those speakers isn't high end. They won't take much RMS for much time. Make sure you're blocking the bass from the doors and the highs/mids from the sub. Use the LPF/HPF, and I'd start at 80hz.... if you want the door speakers to live longer go higher in the 100-150hz range, depending on how high the sub plays. Generic entry level 6.5" coaxials don't play too low no matter what the marketing bullcrap make believe manufacturer's speaker specs say.

If one brand of your door speakers is more efficient than the other, you might have to swap their locations to make your ears happy. I'd prefer the louder ones up front. 2-way or 3-way in a cheap coaxial means little.

And, whether its ideal or not depends on your ears. Nothing wrong with running mismatched #way speakers in parallel if they are similar in impedance. You might hear the efficiency difference.

You have a simple 4 speaker system + sub with a 4 channel amp. Enjoy it for what it is.

Bridging f/r door speakers isn't half ass.
The end result is, not the intention. I think OP got what I was saying. The Brits generally aren't as sensitive.

Not all use the fader or have an unlimited budget.
A 500w sub amp does not require an "unlimited budget".

I don't know what "bare minimum" is. The amp has pretty good power at 4ohm. At two ohms, it should be more. And, if the a crossover is being used at the amp, it takes considerably less power to power a mid/tweet than a subwoofer.
The amp isn't going to be bridged at 2 ohm, sooo irrelevant.

My 500w sub amp matches my 50w door speakers amp just fine. So, I don't see "bare minimum".
?? Not sure what you're trying to say, but this won't be a 500w sub getting 500w. This will be a 500w sub getting just about half the voltage it should. This will be a sub that will play at half of what it would with a 500w amp.

The quality of those speakers isn't high end. They won't take much RMS for much time.
That's what RMS, IS.

Make sure you're blocking the bass from the doors and the highs/mids from the sub. Use the LPF/HPF, and I'd start at 80hz.... if you want the door speakers to live longer go higher in the 100-150hz range, depending on how high the sub plays. Generic entry level 6.5" coaxials don't play too low no matter what the marketing bullcrap make believe manufacturer's speaker specs say.

If one brand of your door speakers is more efficient than the other, you might have to swap their locations to make your ears happy. I'd prefer the louder ones up front. 2-way or 3-way in a cheap coaxial means little.
One is a 5x7 and one is a 6.5" so again, irrelevant.

And, whether its ideal or not depends on your ears. Nothing wrong with running mismatched #way speakers in parallel if they are similar in impedance. You might hear the efficiency difference.

You have a simple 4 speaker system + sub with a 4 channel amp. Enjoy it for what it is.
Which you could adjust with a fader right?

I saw that OP had "budget equipment". I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it, I'm sure most of us have been there, I sure have, especially starting out. In hindsight it means you don't waste money when you learn and figure out how to do things better. OP got the answer they were looking for. I tried to provide the answer, that I don't think they knew to ask for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...