Cut Harness

I must be confused as well because Bt is right. Go to the junkyard cut out the factory connector that you are missing and splice it into your truck. Then buy the correct adapter to plug into the factory harness.. Seems simple to me.

Go ahead and hard wire your deck it only takes about 5 mins there’s just 13wires if you use illumination ...Gm been using the same color speaker wires for over two decades ...you’ll have to grab an acc in the fuse box anyway and don’t forget to shrink and solder....

The metra harness does appear to be what will what you are wanting/need, however if you go to the junkyard as suggested above and find your same model vehicle, you could then remove the radio and cut out the harness as has been already suggested. You would accomplish the same thing. The other thing you could do is bite the bullet and wire it up as Louisiana suggested since the harness is already cut and missing.

This harness is a joke and it isn't made specifically for our truck. We never had any special kinds of chimes besides the door open and key out dinging. Why would we want extra special reverse or parking chimes now? We spent $50 for it to be a plug and play kind of deal and now we're having to rewire it. It seriously had the illumination wire going to a speaker wire, how the heck are you going to power a speaker with an illumination wire?

The speaker wires, illumination / dimmer wire, and remote wire for external amplifier match up thankfully.

Right now we're trying to find out what gauge the yellow and black wires on the JVC harness are because they are slightly bigger than the speaker wires on the harness.

We don't have yellow, black, or a red wire on the grey connector in the picture to connect to the JVC harness.

Any helpful input is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to know where to buy some of these silver connectors, what are they called? What is the tool called that you remove them from a harness with?

Unnecessary interface plug and mismatched wires that were supposed to be "factory" that we're now having to rewire because obviously an illumination wire won't power a speaker.

Frustrating so called "factory harness"

If you were close enough I could have the deck wired up with the radio harness and playing in less than 10mins ..if the harness wasn’t cut about 5 mins to take old radio out and have everything back in the dash finished ready to roll ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.