What is a good multimeter that is budget friendly?

I've had a great experience with my Craftsman DMM. Fluke and Klein would be my next choices in that order.

This is the one I have, got it on Black Friday Special around 2011 for about $10 lol

Newer version of what I have: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-multimeter-digital-with-8-functions-and-20/p-03482141000P

This is what I have:

spin_prod_1226422912.

I've always been told that you want to get true RMS meters for car audio which a good multimeter and clamp meter are very high up on my recent purchase list but my cheapie AutoZone multimeter has served me well so far just have a hard time trusting cheapies also I have seen a few killer deals at pawn shops on some really nice meters if you don't mind buying used that maybe something to check out probably where I'll wind up getting mine or maybe Harbor Freight the new models they just brought out look really really good for the money

I've had a great experience with my Craftsman DMM. Fluke and Klein would be my next choices in that order.
This is the one I have, got it on Black Friday Special around 2011 for about $10 lol

Newer version of what I have: Sears.com

This is what I have:

spin_prod_1226422912.
I bought one also ..nice meter ..I have at least 10 meters including two flukes ..my favorite is my automatic fluke ..you just turn it on no settings ...it recognizes ..volts ohms continuity ..the stuff needed For car audio

thanks for all the recommendations guys. Ill prob pick up one of those craftsman and see if Harbor Freight Has any higher end ones than that $5 meter. Going to check out the Mastech as well, as well as check out the local pawn shop.

thanks for all the recommendations guys. Ill prob pick up one of those craftsman and see if Harbor Freight Has any higher end ones than that $5 meter. Going to check out the Mastech as well, as well as check out the local pawn shop.
I got a big oversized one I like from Harbor Freight ..I don’t remember what it cost ..and actually Walmart has a couple of nice ones in the $20-30 range in automotive with the car light bulbs and stuff...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.