Cut Harness

That's not the point, we could rig it up and make it work too but we're not going to. It will be fixed and fixed right, we just need to find some of those silver connectors as seen in the pictures above and we need to figure out what gauge wire the yellow and black wires are as they are bigger than the speaker wires on the JVC harness.

We've installed many radios before, and my dad is an ASE certified mechanic that works with electrical all the time so we're not idiots. We just need a little help (if it can be provided) with what I stated above in red.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not the point, we could rig it up and make it work too but we're not going to. It will be fixed and fixed right, we just need to find some of those silver connectors as seen in the pictures above and we need to figure out what gauge wire the yellow and black wires are as they are bigger than the speaker wires on the JVC harness.
We've installed many radios before, and my dad is an ASE certified mechanic that works with electrical all the time so we're not idiots. We just need a little help (if it can be provided) with what I stated above in red.
Not sure where you can find those connectors..they are standard barbed pins ..ive pulled and reused them from other connectors by using a fine pick tool ..but unsure where you can buy them ..maybe eBay ..I’ve been MECP certified since the 90s myself ..

Not sure where you can find those connectors..they are standard barbed pins ..ive pulled and reused them from other connectors by using a fine pick tool ..but unsure where you can buy them ..maybe eBay ..I’ve been MECP certified since the 90s myself ..
I'm looking on google trying to find some. The closest I could come to what I needed was molex pins but they don't look like it. I need the female ones that go into the harness and "click" into place.

Well I emailed metra and JVC, maybe they know since they made the connectors. A lot of times the people that make the products have no clue, funny isn't it? Seen a lot of that happen at the shop before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.